We are just wrapping up a seven-night stay on the club floor of the Sofitel. Having read some of the concerns of earlier guests, we contacted management early and were reassured that the concerns had been answered. And they were right... it has been a truly wonderful stay.
I'd like in particular to commend the club staff who were consistently gracious and helpful. Fabricio found us great music every night all over town. Nicole and the rest of the reception staff were always eager to chat and made us feel at home. Marina, the club staff coordinator was extremely friendly and always available.
The food service people in the club were also excellent. Roberta treated us wonderfully every evening during cocktail hour. Val, the head server at breakfast, always remembered our preferences and greeted us perfectly every morning (not being morning people, we really appreciated the breakfast hours lasting until 11 am!). They were great about letting everyone know when the buffet was closing and making sure no one felt rushed.
The butlers are charming and very eager to help. Moises and Marcello were friendly presences throughout our stay.
Finally, a quick note of thanks to Mr. Netto Moreira who gave us personal attention and checked in on us periodically during the stay. His colleague Brigitte was ubiquitous in the evenings -- it seems she never stopped working -- and was charming and fun to talk with.
The hotel itself seems in excellent condition. The public spaces are well furnished and in good repair. The health club is large and well equipped. The massage therapist was good.
We also had very good luck with the hotel's car service which is a cooperative of drivers who each own and drive their own cars. The fares were not exorbitant. No problem with getting cabs instead when we just wanted to jaunt downtown.
Absolutely KEY FACT... this is one of the only hotels with balconies overlooking the beach. Most sea-view rooms face over the swimming pool and so do have views of other balconies/rooms as well as the ocean... But, honestly, we didn't see any hotel on Copacabana or Ipanema with the same combination of view and balcony. Spring for the extra money and get an ocean-view room, it is a spectacular view and truly worth it.
Wracking my brain for suggestions, I honestly can't come up with much. One small warning is that the electrics here are 220 despite the fact that Brazil runs on both 110 and 220 so do be careful with non dual-voltage items.
Great, great stay! I just couldn't recommend the hotel or the personnel more highly. Bravo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is a splendid one. It leaves the guest practically leaning over Copacabana beach – one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is beside Ipanema, a charming neighborhood full of attractions, immortalized in a song by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes, “Garota de Ipanema”.Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is considered one of the most prestigious Brazilian luxury hotels, combining French savoir-faire with Carioca charm.Enjoy our comfortable apartments with balconies and the MyBed bed, the executive floor with Club Millésime services – a new concept in personalized service, beach service, two pools and many other facilities, in addition to the award winning cuisine here at Sofitel.Situated near the main business centers in the city, the hotel offers an ample and versatile Convention Center, and also a modern Board Meeting Room, a fully equipped room with a view of Copacabana beach, uniting comfort and personalized services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Accor Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Sofitel
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Brazil