good choice based on tripadvisor reviews. i totally enjoyed my stay at this proprty! i travel with a 1 yr old and thereby clean rooms are my priority- add to that the comfort of a clean microwave and fridge and gas stove and i love the place already. bottom line - its clean, it was clean under the bds too ! the rooms and washroom are small ; shower area is small- but i think thats general in rio. it isnt far from anywhere and taxis easly available. i used the bus for a lot of my trips and the bus terminal is close by.
i was given a room facing buildings but easily moved to the apartments facing the christ after 2 nihts- what a view.....make sure u carry a print out of hotel name if u dnt speak spanish / portugese ; the taxi fare to and from airport is about 40-50 BRL, ipanema beach about 20 BRL away and sugar loaf and Christ also in the same range..... i liked this quiter area ( its residential area) for the comfort of the room with a kid, this isnt the best place to stay if ur traveling with partner - cuz u cud stay at more happening places like the beaches. but ofcourse i traded distance from the beaches for a better room - so make ur choice - but it was goood value for money for me
only issues ( if any) is that no utensils were provided for the gas stove and the microwave ( the same were provided in my mercure apartment suites in sao) .... and that the room servie wont understand english. you've got to call the reception who will call room service to deliver your order which goes around in circle and u might get ur order in about 30 mins. but then no one really speaks english - so u get used to it......another issue was that the AC made a lot of noise in our secind apartment ( again i have read about noisy AC's in almost all reviews for hotels in the beach area)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel at home with true comfort and hospitality in a great location. You will be welcome at the Mercure Rio de Janeiro Botafogo. The Mercure Rio de Janeiro Botafogo hotel, between Rua Sao Clemente and Rua Voluntarios da Patria, is located in an area with many major national and international businesses, clinics and an important gastronomic hub. The hotel lies under the arms of Christ the Redeemer, within easy reach of the city center and metro. It is close to the Rio Sul and Botafogo Praia shopping centers and Unibanco cinema space. A few minutes from Copacabana beach, the Botanical Gardens, Lagoa and Santos Dumont Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Rio de Janeiro Botafogo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Apartments Rio De Janeiro Botafogo Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Mercure Rio De Janeiro Botafogo Hotel Brazil