“Best language school in Rio” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carioca Languages Portuguese Classes for Foreigners

Carioca Languages Portuguese Classes for Foreigners
Av. Ns. de Copacabana, 807 _ Salas 201/202 | Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
+5521 21468414
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Carioca is the Portuguese school for you!!!Carioca Languages is a school specialized in teaching Portuguese to foreigners.Our classes are dynamic, efficient and didactic. We believe that culture is also an important and fun aspect of language. We are well-versed in Brazilian traditions, as well as up-to-date with the latest Carioca trends and activities! We seek, therefore, not only to teach our students to speak the language, but also to insert them into the rich cultural life our Cidade Maravilhosa!We offer group lessons of 3-7 students, individuals or in pairs.We teach complete grammar, conversation, Portuguese for business, preparing for job interviews, presentations and lectures in Portuguese, Portuguese formal writing, preparation for the Celpe-Bras and for students who will do the Vestibular.Our teachers are qualified, graduates in Portuguese language and experienced in theaching to non-native.We work with all ages, levels and nationalities.We have our own teaching material, with handouts, audios and videos.Our students are supported to make their best according with their goals.
New York City, New York
“Best language school in Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Vivi and the other professors I had were phenomenal - they catered to my level of portuguese, as well as my unique goals. I would highly recommend for FLAS students, or anyone else who's just passing through the city.

Visited June 2012

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Best Portuguese teacher!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had intensives lessons with Vivi and then doing conversation classes (on going) at her school.

I have had many languages lessons over the years (english when I moved to the UK from France), Russian and now Portuguese. I find the method to teach Portuguese for foreigners that Vivi has developed is extremely efficient and will get you speaking very quickly.
She is a genius as explaing grammar and conjugaison in a way that is totally clear to understand and fun, despite the dry subject. It shows her deep understanding of the portuguese's grammar.

I always look forward to my lessons with her, unlike some other teachers that I have had in Rio who bored me to death or got me totally confused on grammar.

She is extremely talented for teaching and she is the best language teacher that I have ever had. On top of that her classes are absolutely brilliant in their design. It is a very intelligent approach and efficient.
I definitely recommend to study with her if you want to learn brazilian portuguese quickly. Ideal for expats.

Maria Robinson, expat in Rio de Janeiro