If you thought Rio was beautiful sitting on the beach, wait until you visit the top of the two brothers mountain..it is breathtaking!!
Easy+ level trail of about 1 hour will take you to the peak of the mountain. on the way to the top you will enjoy some beautiful spots that overlook "Rocinha" - the most populated favela in Rio and the surrounding neighborhood of Sao Conrrado.
To get to the beginning of the trail you first need to get to the top of the Favela Vidigal, to do that get a moto-taxi from the bottom. this would cost you 5BRL. Just say the word "Trilha" and the guy will know where to go. The favela is very safe so no worries about that.
1. How to get to Vidigal: If you are coming using the metro, buy the integrated Metro+Buss ticket called "integração Barra Express", with that, using the metro you will get off at Ipanema General Osario, leave the station following the signs and take the Metro buss called Barra Express (5BRL). ask the buss driver to get off at Vidigal.
2. Bring water and snacks - there are no venders on the trail.
3. Go early morning or past midday to avoid the heat.
4. To get down you can find the motor-taxi at one of the streets below - just wait for one to pass.
5. There is a small kiosk on the way coming down that sell really nice Acai! it is exactly what you want after a good hike!
Hope this has been helpful!
If you own or manage Morro Dois Irmaos, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.