“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lisetonga Hostel

You added Lisetonga Hostel to your Saves list
Lisetonga Hostel
Ladeira Ary Barroso, 15 | Leme, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22010-060, Brazil (Leme)   |
Natal, Brazil
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Im so glad I stayed at Listonga. Its located in a really nice old colonial style house right near the beach in Copacabana. Everything was very clean, the staff were amazing and the owners even went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. When you are there you are not just a client, they treat you like family. They always offered honest advice about what to do and see in Rio (instead of shove packages and high prices down your throat), and when I had a flight at 5am the next day after I had already checked out they even went out of their way to help me out and make sure I was comfortable before and getting to the airport! Amazing, I give them an A+ and would recommend them to everyone!

Room Tip: There is a 4 bedroom room with its own terrace, its worth it :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

LISETONGA is the place to be - and my best hostel experience in Rio!!! A nice, safe and cozy hostel, individually and lovingly furnished, also a great building, and only 5 minutes walk from Copacabana beach and a lot of bus stops! I immediately felt at home and made friends with both the helpful staff and the other travellers. It's like a big family who cooks together, watches movies together in the nice patio or goes out at night!The rooms are clean and colorful, they have lockers and some even have balcony. There is a beautiful rooftop terrace with hammocks and you can rent bikes! They have internet for free, but you can also ask the staff for any information you need! The breakfast is delicious and diverse! All in all I highly recommend this hostel and its owners for a great Rio experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at Lisetonga Hostel for one week and it was awesome!!!! The neighborhood is very safe and Copacabana is only 5minutes walk away. The rooms are very clean, cozy and amazing - my room even had a balcony with a great view onto the ocean. The owners and staff are superfriendly and always have great advices to experience the "real" Rio. My best hostel experience in Brazil.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I spend 6 great days here. For me it was a good place to day and discover Rio´s beach and other attractions from here.
Next to the very clean Hostal the people have been very friendly and helpful when finding my way around in the "marvelous city". Certainly a good pick when coming to Rio!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Innsbruck, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

i already visited rio for 3 times and lisetonga hostel ist the one i could recommend. the stuff is so nice, doesnt matter wich kind of problem you have the stuff will help you. they have one of the best kitchen i saw in whole brasil, the doorms are really clean, its not expensive and i could recommend it to everybody who likes to stay in a nice place! i forgot, the breakfast is also very good!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ulm, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We started our 3 month trip through south america in Rio and decided to stay at Lisetonga Hostel. We were a bit afraid when we read about the hostel being down a favella. In cooperation with this Hostel we booked an economic airport pick up and arrived savely. Finally I think this is one of the safest neighbourhoods you can stay in Rio. It is very close to the beach, to public transport and the hostel is situated in a really nice colonial building, cordially decorated and it offers a nice patio as well as a tower lounge equipped with two hammocks. Staff was really friendly and helpful, breakfast was what you can expect for the price and facilities were in good condition. I really can recommend you this hostel and hope you are going to have such a great time as we had!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Originally, I was supposed to stay at the hostel for two weeks, but I continually extended my stay until the end of my visit to Rio de Janeiro. Staying at the hostel was one of the best decisions I have ever taken. It is my family in Rio: they made sure to help me in any and every way possible. Also, being so close to the favela allowed me to see the hidden face of Brazil. The beach is no more than five minutes from the hostel and oftentimes I would go there to read. Transport is nearby, shops, supermarkets and entertainment is often around the corner. After a while the hill becomes nothing to climb and I've even toned my legs a bit. I really recommend this hostel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lisetonga Hostel? Share your experiences!