“Simple Clean But TINY Rooms, Grumpy Unhelpful Staff!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ferreira Viana

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rio de Janeiro
Hotel Ferreira Viana
You added Hotel Ferreira Viana to your Saves list
Rua Ferreira Viana 58, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil   |
Ranked #123 of 250 Rio de Janeiro B&B and Inns
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
“Simple Clean But TINY Rooms, Grumpy Unhelpful Staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

No English is spoken by anyone at this htel, the staff were GRUMPY and unhelpful, and mature gentleman was present most of the time in the reception area and it seems like his only purpose was to glare at everyone and give dirty looks!
Still after making it up THREE flights of steep, narrow staircases with a heavy suitcase ( no offer of help)... I made it to my matchbox sized room which was clean and quiet but no room to lay down my suitcase and only a very narrow bed to sleep on, I was not happy at all. The bathroom was nice but that didn't help because I don't live in a bathroom!
The internet was sometimes OK, sometimes not. The room had a 12 inch TV with cable included, with just one channel in English. The air conditioning was adequate.
Breakfast was included and actually very good....but the server was incredibly hostile, even though I left a tip, the next morning she still scowled as she slammed the tray down on the table (no more tips!)
After the third day, I asked a Portuguese speaking friend to talk to them, they said if I did not like it there, I was happy to find another hotel....so I did!
I moved to another hotel that was only marginally better! I just could not get past the unhelpful staff and the dirty glares from the mature (official grump) that was ever present in the reception!
I don't really recommend unless you can cope with life in a matchbox, speak some Portuguese and can put up with limited internet service! The glares and grumpiness is another story!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I were travelling on a budget so we wanted the cheapest hotel possible. Turned out it was more than just cheap, it was dark, the bedding and towels were very old and the breakfast was horrible - apart from the fresh fruit which was OK. The only positive aspects were the hot shower and the fact that there was AC in the room (although it was very noisy). Location was also good, near the Metrô and easy to get a taxi to Lapa etc. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ferreira Viana? Share your experiences!