“Fine dining and fun atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CT Boucherie

CT Boucherie
Rua Dias Ferreira 636, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22431-050, Brazil (Leblon)
(21) 2529.2329
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 8,679 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Leblon
denver
“Fine dining and fun atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were reluctant to try CT as we heard there is always a long wait, but we decided to go early. Good move! We were there by 7:45 pm and had our pick of seats. It was a lovely night so we had a great table outside. It felt like a sidewalk cafe in Paris. Service was prompt, wine was delish and the food was excellent. I had the rib steak, very good, although it was a bit fatty, and my husband had the T Bone which was also fatty, but tasty. We enjoyed the fresh potato chips, the cooked tomatoes and other side dishes. We were very full so we skipped dessert. By 8;30, there was a wait for tables, but it did not seem to be so bad. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“A must do in Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Place recommended to us by local friends. We visited the restaurant for an informal business dinner and were all really satisfied. The personell arranged a table outside on the terrace and the service was great all through the visit. Great meat dishes but two of our party had fish and that was good too. Not the cheapest place around but warmly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Best Restaurant In Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This restaurant is the best a must visit when you are in Rio. Food is excellant. Best duck I ever had. Not greasy, very tasty. My husband had the steak which was equally good. The desserts were so so good and not to sweet. They give you more then enough food to eat and they come around continually with side dishes which also are so good until you have to stop them. Portions are more then generous. Reasonably priced. Service is great. I asked for and received an English menu for which I was greatful since I am from the U.S. Unfortunately, for us I found this restaurant on the last night of our visit to Rio or I would have eaten there more than once. Bravo to Mr. Troisgros. I travel with my husband on business all over the world and I rank this restaurant as one of my top picks.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Fresh concept - great ingredients.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

CT stands for Claude Troisgros - he is a self-indulgent
french TV chef with a heavy accent that came to Brazil in the 80s and cooked his way to the stars. His latest "resto" is about classic country cooking - french of course - and hence great, simple food. The meats are top end and the "rodizio de acompanhamentos" is a fresh idea - the sidedishes are included as a "waiters buffet" as they are continously offered at the table. That's brilliant.

Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“An Absolute Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband discovered this superb little restaurant in Leblon, Rio. It sounded good so we went. We had no idea about the celebrity status of the executive chefs before we went. The restaurant is small and intimate. There is outdoor and indoor seating. We opted for indoor and air conditioning as it was hot and humid in Rio. In a way this restaurant is like a Brazilian BBQ in reverse. Having had an awful experience in a Brazilian BBQ a week earlier with soggy sides and salad left out for what seemed like days, we were thrilled to find that at CT Boucherie you order your meat dish and then they come around several times offering many wonderful vegetable side dishes. The wine list was great and we found an excellent Argentinian full bodied red at a reasonable price. 2010 was a very good year in Argentina and Australia for reds. We had a lot of fun. The tables are close together and we met the people on our next table who we enjoyed immensely.