Guesthouse Bianca was great. We arrived a day late due to airline problems. Guido was incredibly understanding and helpful. My husband's luggage arrived on a later flight due to another airline error, and Guido called the airline for us several times and was instrumental in helping get the luggage.
The guesthouse is beautiful. It looks exactly like the photos. The house is such an interesting place.
We felt very safe in the area and walked back from the metro at night without any issues. It's about a 10 minute walk to the metro, which we took to catch the vans to Cristo and then to Ipanema. There is a bank near the metro for withdrawing money as well as a few convenience stores/restaurants.
Advice on airport arrivals: Guido sent us the name of the taxi company to use to get from the airport to the guesthouse. There are two stands before you exit baggage claim/international arrivals...these are NOT the company he recommends (even if the girl at the stand insists that they are...). Exit the baggage claim area into the public area of the airport and on your right you will see the AeroTaxi stand. We gave the taxi driver the directions he sent us and had no problems getting to the Guesthouse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guesthouse Bianca is one of the only places in all of Rio de Janeiro from which you can enjoy a true bohemian neighborhood, the chic beaches of the south, the bustling city center, the infamous viewpoints, and the non stop nightlife - all from the luxury of a private home surrounded by a tropical garden. The newly renovated home was built in 1932 and is located on a quiet residential street in the heart of Santa Teresa, considered by many to be the most charming cultural and historical neighborhood in all of Rio. Guests are only a 5 minute walk to countless restaurants, bars, shops, bus and tram stops, and just a 10 minute walk to Rio's ever expanding metro system. The three rooms are exquisitely appointed and furnished, two of which boast stunning views of the Bay of Guanabara and Sugar Loaf. The private guest entrance is through the lush garden, where you can find mango, coconut and goiaba trees, bromeliads, orchids, not to mention countless tropical birds and the occasional monkey. All of the rooms have elegant private bathrooms, inlaid hardwood floors, air conditioning, ceiling fans, and free wireless Internet. On the ground floor, guests have their own dining room and a self-catering kitchenette where they are welcome to prepare light meals and drinks. Guesthouse Bianca's gracious host, Guido, is a native Cariocan and has lived in Rio all his life. He speaks English, French and Italian and is always available to give tips on Rio, or join guests for a homemade piece of cake or a cachaca on the terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Guesthouse Bianca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Bianca Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Guesthouse Bianca Rio De Janeiro, Brazil