“Excellent personalized Tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rios De Historia Tour Historico

Rios De Historia Tour Historico
Av. Erasmo Braga, 118- 10 Andar | Centro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Laranjeiras)
+55(21)997158502
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #22 of 188 activities in Rio de Janeiro
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Rios de Historia - Cultural and Historical Tours - seeks to provide tours with a different dynamic. Our passion is Rio de Janeiro and we present its history in a fun and informal way, just like our city. We tell its legends, its joys and its sadness's. Our downtown tour is a delightful trip to the past where every corner is surprising and we run into buildings and streets with French and Portuguese architectonical influences. Capital of the Colony, of the Brazilian Empire and of the Republic, Rio de Janeiro staged several remarkable facts from the Brazilian history. Come with us and find out another side of the Wonderful City.
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent personalized Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My tour with Raul was excellent. I was surprised with the extensive knowledge of Rios history and appreciated the advice he gave for the rest of the trip. It really felt like the tour was personalized just for the group.

Visited May 2013
tour_riosdehistoria, Proprietário at Rios De Historia Tour Historico, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We pride ourselves on our knowledge of the city of Rio and we are pleased to here we were able to surprise you! Thank you for leaving us this positive review.

Maryville, Tennessee
“Interesting Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our walking tour and learned a lot about the history and culture of Brazil. Not being used to standing for 3 hours it was a little tough on the feet, but still worthwhile none the less. Our guide was very friendly and helpful.

Visited June 2013
Were glad you found the tour worth while even though your feet suffered a bit !! We really believe this is the best way to learn about our city. We hope to see you again in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My friends and I (9 people, ages 23-30) visited Rio in March 2013 for the first time. Prior to our trip, I contacted Rios de Historia to organize a one day tour of main tourist attractions in Rio. The communication was very easy and we received helpful suggestions regarding the timing of the tour and the itinerary. We agreed on the following itinerary: Sugar Loaf, Christ, Metropolitan Cathedral, Santa Maria and a dinner at Porcao.
On the day of the tour Raul met us outside of the apartment with a van and patiently waited for our group to get ready. Our van driver was great, managing to squeeze between cars in crazy traffic. The van had A/C and Wi-Fi. When we got to Sugar Loaf, unfortunately, there was a problem with cable cars, so we had to turn around. Raul immediately reorganized the itinerary and clearly explained to us what we are going to do. We ended up going to Sugar Loaf in the end of the tour.
We did not have to purchase any tickets, as Raul took care of that beforehand and the price of tickets was included in the price of the tour. He also made reservations for us at Porcao and helped us exchange money. Overall, this was an amazing day and a wonderful tour, we learned a lot about history of Rio and Raul was able to answer all of our many questions. Raul is very personable and very friendly, and very patient, able to manage a large and very diverse
group. Rios de Historia also organized for us a transfer from our apartment to the airport, which was well priced. I will definitely take a another tour with Rios de Historia when I visit Rio again, and would recommend it to any first-time visitors.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your review and we are so happy we could help you make the most of your time here in Rio. We would love to see you again when you come back and show you even more of our city!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really Did "Rent a Local Friend". Awesome Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I visited Rio in May 2013. Being that it was my first time, my knowledge was solely based on the internet research I did a few weeks before. I was pleasantly surprised by the breadth of knowledge that our tour guide provided the group. The tour was very personal and I liked the fact that the group was small. Our guide was very friendly and consistently engaged in conversation with the group to get to know us better; so it was almost like a two way conversation as we walked through the city. I guess that's how they came up with the "rent a local friend" motto. Pretty neat!

I also had the opportunity to meet Raul. It's very clear how passionate he is about the company and providing tourists with an authentic feel for the city. This definitely stood out for me. All in all a great experience and I will definitely be back to Rio very soon.

Visited May 2013
We are happy you were satisfied with our knowledge of this city as this really is our passion. Please come back and rent a local friend again one day!
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“A labor of love”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

It's clear that Raul, co-owner (with his wife, whom I didn't meet) of this company, is doing what he loves: sharing the history of his beautiful city with others. He clearly cares both that his clients have a rich, educational experience and that they have nothing but good things to say about Rios de Historia.

Alas, our first tour, of the city center, was not so good. Perhaps our guide was having a bad day. Perhaps her English skills weren't quite there. I contacted Raul, explained to him the problems, and he responded quickly and professionally. He made time in his packed schedule to give my wife and me a private tour, taking us to Santa Marta, where we met a lovely woman who lives in the community and who showed us around. I don't doubt that my first, poor experience with Rios de Historia was an aberration and that, for those who seek more than a superficial tour of major sites, this is the company to contact.

Visited May 2013
We really are doing what we love here at Rios de Historia. We apologise for your first encounter with us and we are sure that this was just a small hiccup in our usual service ! We are glad to hear the problems were sorted out fast and we hope to see you again one day in the future.