I've been to this hostel with a friend during a national holiday in Brasil. We have booked online (hostels.com) a room for two with private bathroom. We did pay the amount they've asked for in order to keep the room.
As we got there we were informed that:
1) our reservation wasn't made because they forgot to check the website;
2) there isn not any room with private bathroom, even though they say there is. There is one bathroom shared with another room, but it isn't private.
The lady said she would "help" us find another place to stay but later she just said "i'm sorry, all the hostels/hotels are full because it's public holiday". We've slept there the first night because it wasn't still full. The next day we found ourselves with no place to stay for three days. They didn't bother to solve a problem which they were 100% responsible for.
Besides the bathroom problem, the room was just as poor as most of hostel rooms in Brasil: synthetic bed linens, bad furniture and bad pillows. Towels were for rent and fairly clean.
To sum up: irresponsible for not making our reservation and not solving the problem and dishonest for lying about the private bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellas Artes Hostel Rio offers you great accommodation in a clean, airy and comfortable environment, where even those not accustomed to hostel life feel right at home. Imagine a place where your day to day is nurtured by culture, cuisine and the arts.Located between the neighbourhoods of Gloria and Santa Teresa, Bellas Artes Hostel Rio is an old mansion from 1928 on Rua Candido Mendes. Even after so many years, the structure and the facade of the house are kept in their original detail. Because of the many artists, musicians and writers, both Brazilian and foreign, who live in the neighbourhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Bellas Artes Hostel Rio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellas Artes Hostel Rio Rio De Janeiro, Brazil