We arrived early on the red eye, directions emailed to us we're great, taxi got us right there and we don't speak Portuguese!
The Santa Teresa district is hilly and is tough getting up to the property from Santa Teresa centre, wear good shoes and be reasonably fit if you wish to walk.
The property is really quaint and has a pool and terrace to relax on if you don't want to go out. But you will have too for food, the nearest restaurant is expensive and pretentious, wouldn't go there unless you have a lot of cash to spend.
The beaches are far, this location is great for exploring rio Centro. we moved to Ipanema after 3 days. To enjoy the coast.
The breakfast is fantastic! Really good fresh fruit, the hosts are very accommodating and friendly, the rooms are super clean and have great views over rio.
My only critisism is that the property was a little basically furnished and could do with a little more style and flair, apart from that we had a great stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located high in Santa Teresa, Um Meia Tres is small and friendly with all the facilities of a modern hotel. Beautifully appointed en suite rooms, all with A/C, ceiling fans, free Wi-Fi, international cable TV, and in-room safe. A large salon with bar, flat screen TV and outdoor dining area and pool forms the central focus of the hotel where refreshments can be enjoyed 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Um Meia Tres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Um Meia Tres Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Um Meia Tres Rio De Janeiro, Brazil