We were guests of Um Meia Tres for one week in July 2012. Our hosts, Bill and Sue Moore were gracious, friendly, and accommodating. It was our first visit to Rio, and they provided us with an excellent introduction to this exciting and storied city. A few highlights of our stay:
The neighbourhood -- Um Meia Tres is situated in Santa Teresa, which provides a great view of much of the city, as well as wonderful restaurants, shops and winding, hilly, cobblestone streets. We were in Rio for a conference, which was located in a hotel on Copacabana. The conference site was easily accessible on a daily basis from Um Meia Tres, at half the price of the conference hotel.
Our hosts -- Bill and Sue are originally from London, relocating to Rio about 5 years ago. They provided us with a friendly introduction to the city, as well as a really good breakfast on the terrace -- complete with fresh baking delivered every morning. It was such a nice atmosphere. We met other guests from around the world, chatted, and fed the marmosets, who greatly enjoyed the bananas that Bill and Sue had set aside for them.
The accommodations -- Our room had a generous terrace, a very comfortable bed, a large bathroom with a shower and plenty of hot water. We were very impressed by this combination of good company, and having a nice private space to unwind after the conference.
The bottom line: Um Meia Tres is a great place to stay in a wonderful city!
Terry and Rillah Carson
- Also Known As:
- Um Meia Tres Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Um Meia Tres Hotel
- Um Meia Tres Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located high in Santa Teresa, Um Meia Tres is small and friendly with all the facilities of a modern hotel. Beautifully appointed en suite rooms, all with A/C, ceiling fans, free Wi-Fi, international cable TV, and in-room safe. A large salon with bar, flat screen TV and outdoor dining area and pool forms the central focus of the hotel where refreshments can be enjoyed 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Venere, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Um Meia Tres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.