My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel Santa Theresa on the final night of our honeymoon in Rio. Although it was a splurge hotel for us, we quickly figured out that the price was truly justified. The staff is incredibly helpful and kind. Everyone was so friendly, particularly at the front desk no matter what time of day. They gave us many solid recommendations for things to do and see in the neighborhood. We were particularly interested in that area of the city since we were previously in Ipanema and Leblon (so we were excited to see a new part of town). And the converted coffee plantation building and grounds are breathtakingly gorgeous. Our room was a European suite with a balcony that overlooked Santa Theresa. It also had a view of Corcovado which was a great surprise. The room was amply stocked and comfortable. I slept more restfully in the bed than I did at every other hotel we visited on our trip. We loved the provided toiletries and that Havaianas were also stocked in the bathroom to use at the pool and elsewhere. There was turndown service with yummy chocolates and additional bathroom refreshing in the evening while we were out of the room. It was another unexpected surprise. The breakfast buffet was lovely and free to guests. We also ate at the bar (which had a very delicious burger and salad) and drank at the pool. The pool had warm water which was probably helped by the darker slate tile. There is also a jacuzzi tub which we did not use. The most impressive part of our stay was the staff's flexibility and willingness to accommodate us. Although we only stayed one night, we were granted a very late check out due to our evening flight out of Rio. It made the stay a great value because we had a place to freshen up and change before we left for the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Santa Teresa, new 5 star boutique hotel spa and the only Relais & Chateaux of the city, is a former colonial ranch located in the heart of the historic district of Rio de Janeiro. The Hotel features the best views of the city, the harbor and the famous bay of Rio. Decoration tropical ethic design was inspired by the African Indigenous roots of the North and East of Brazil, by the great times of coffee and sugarcane. The burnt cement, the lime stones, the golden slates, the tropical woods and the banana tree fibers are being mixed with the contemporary design of artists Sergio Rodrigues, Zemog or Oficina de Agosto. In the hotel's tropical gardens, the 25-meter long polish green slate swimming pool offers unique panoramic views over Rio de Janeiro. With a natural yet luxurious and unique environment, the Spa features beauty and corporal relaxation treatments of the Amazonian brand of Natura. For the gastronomes, the restaurant Térèze, with an industrial wood, linen and steel design is frequented by the high society of Cariocas and offers the best of French cuisine with a Brazilian flair, created by our Chef Damien Montecer. Hotel is close to all attractions such as Christ redeemer Corcovado, Lapa Nightlife, Sugar Loaf, historic center, museums and famous beach of Copacabana. Not to be missed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tablet Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais And Chateaux
- Santa Teresa Hotel
- Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais & Chateaux Rio De Janeiro, Brazil