After a great week of surfing and adventure down south, my husband and I wanted to spend the last part of our honeymoon enjoying some time in the city. During our first trip to Rio, we decided to take a chance on a smaller hotel away from the famous beaches, and we are so glad we did. The Santa Teresa gave us an experience so unique and wonderful that we surely would have missed out had we chosen one of the huge and more well-known hotels. Nestled up in the hills we were treated to amazing views of the city, charming walks through the cobble-stoned streets of the old town, and dinners in excellent restaurants near the hotel. The staff was personable, capable, and made the experience relaxed and fun. The design of the hotel was chic yet warm, and the amenities plentiful without being overwhelming. The food in the restaurant was also a high point, as it stood up to top restaurants in New York without much of the pretense we have experienced after living there for many years. Lovely all around.
There are cars and taxis available, but my husband and I found that with some street-smarts we were able to negotiate the public transit around Rio quite easily (trolley and bus), and it was both inexpensive and a fun way to see the city.
We highly recommend the Santa Teresa for its quality, location, staff, and ambiance. Hopefully we will get the chance to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Santa Teresa, new 5 star boutique hotel spa and the only Relais & Chateaux of the city, is a former colonial ranch located in the heart of the historic district of Rio de Janeiro. The Hotel features the best views of the city, the harbor and the famous bay of Rio. Decoration tropical ethic design was inspired by the African Indigenous roots of the North and East of Brazil, by the great times of coffee and sugarcane. The burnt cement, the lime stones, the golden slates, the tropical woods and the banana tree fibers are being mixed with the contemporary design of artists Sergio Rodrigues, Zemog or Oficina de Agosto. In the hotel's tropical gardens, the 25-meter long polish green slate swimming pool offers unique panoramic views over Rio de Janeiro. With a natural yet luxurious and unique environment, the Spa features beauty and corporal relaxation treatments of the Amazonian brand of Natura. For the gastronomes, the restaurant Térèze, with an industrial wood, linen and steel design is frequented by the high society of Cariocas and offers the best of French cuisine with a Brazilian flair, created by our Chef Damien Montecer. Hotel is close to all attractions such as Christ redeemer Corcovado, Lapa Nightlife, Sugar Loaf, historic center, museums and famous beach of Copacabana. Not to be missed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tablet Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais And Chateaux
- Santa Teresa Hotel
- Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais & Chateaux Rio De Janeiro, Brazil