This was the first hotel that we stayed at of our 3 week journey to Brazil and Argentina and it was by far the most beautiful from our view....something out of "Living etc." magazine. It was boho chic with lots of teak wood, exposed brickwork, candles and modern art in setting of lush greenery and tiered entertainment from the restaurant to the funky bar in the evening. The hotel is located in the Santa Teresa District, up in the hills and in between Favellas. We could have chosen to stay at Ipanema or Copacobana but these were only a 15 minute taxi drive (around 40 reals) away. Unfortunately the tram (an emblem of the area) was not running and has not done so for a while, so taxis are the the way to get around. Back to the hotel..we enjoyed the simple, tasty breakfasts of a vast selection of fresh fruit, cakes, etc. in a beautiful dining room that becomes the main restaurant in the evening. Whilst we did not have dinner there, we heard excellent reviews of the food and ambience from both locals and guests alike. We enjoy sipping excellent wines by the pool-side bar whilst we looked over the sunset of the city. We were also pleased to visit the main bar after an evening in Ipanema....it was a cool lounge with "beds" and music collated by a visiting DJ. We would recommend the bedrooms as they are large and very comfortable with walk-in showers. One comment to add may be that this is not the smartest option if you have a family with children....this feels more like a bolt-hole for couples to get away from the hustle and bustle of wonderful Rio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Santa Teresa, new 5 star boutique hotel spa and the only Relais & Chateaux of the city, is a former colonial ranch located in the heart of the historic district of Rio de Janeiro. The Hotel features the best views of the city, the harbor and the famous bay of Rio. Decoration tropical ethic design was inspired by the African Indigenous roots of the North and East of Brazil, by the great times of coffee and sugarcane. The burnt cement, the lime stones, the golden slates, the tropical woods and the banana tree fibers are being mixed with the contemporary design of artists Sergio Rodrigues, Zemog or Oficina de Agosto. In the hotel's tropical gardens, the 25-meter long polish green slate swimming pool offers unique panoramic views over Rio de Janeiro. With a natural yet luxurious and unique environment, the Spa features beauty and corporal relaxation treatments of the Amazonian brand of Natura. For the gastronomes, the restaurant Térèze, with an industrial wood, linen and steel design is frequented by the high society of Cariocas and offers the best of French cuisine with a Brazilian flair, created by our Chef Damien Montecer. Hotel is close to all attractions such as Christ redeemer Corcovado, Lapa Nightlife, Sugar Loaf, historic center, museums and famous beach of Copacabana. Not to be missed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais And Chateaux
- Santa Teresa Hotel
- Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais & Chateaux Rio De Janeiro, Brazil