There are not a hundred options if you are looking for luxury in Rio. If you want to mix it with a truly Brazilian feel, the Santa Teresa is the best option. The house is on the top of the hill, in a very lively area with bars, small restaurants, art galleries, all filled with locals, and deserves a much better reputation with regards to safety. The property itsself looks fantastic and has been done with a lot of care, from the bedding to the bathrooms, the hammocs on the private terraces of the ground floor, the gardens, the pool... The food at restaurant Therese is excellent. I've stayed twice and will return for sure. Service is good, yound and friendly, even if one can tell they have trouble finding experienced English-speaking staff and keeping it... But then, it's Rio isn't it? All in all, an absolutely great pick!
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais And Chateaux
- Santa Teresa Hotel
- Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais & Chateaux Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Santa Teresa, new 5 star boutique hotel spa and the only Relais & Chateaux of the city, is a former colonial ranch located in the heart of the historic district of Rio de Janeiro. The Hotel features the best views of the city, the harbor and the famous bay of Rio. Decoration tropical ethic design was inspired by the African Indigenous roots of the North and East of Brazil, by the great times of coffee and sugarcane. The burnt cement, the lime stones, the golden slates, the tropical woods and the banana tree fibers are being mixed with the contemporary design of artists Sergio Rodrigues, Zemog or Oficina de Agosto. In the hotel's tropical gardens, the 25-meter long polish green slate swimming pool offers unique panoramic views over Rio de Janeiro. With a natural yet luxurious and unique environment, the Spa features beauty and corporal relaxation treatments of the Amazonian brand of Natura. For the gastronomes, the restaurant Térèze, with an industrial wood, linen and steel design is frequented by the high society of Cariocas and offers the best of French cuisine with a Brazilian flair, created by our Chef Damien Montecer. Hotel is close to all attractions such as Christ redeemer Corcovado, Lapa Nightlife, Sugar Loaf, historic center, museums and famous beach of Copacabana. Not to be missed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Venere, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.