This was my 2nd trip to Rio and I knew from the first time that I wanted to stay in Santa Theresa. It has a less touristy more Brazilian feel to it. And within Santa Theresa this place just has a really cool aura about it. Beautiful historic home with a great view of Centro and the bay. It has a great terrace for relaxing and sipping some wine while enjoying this view, especially at night when it is beautifully lit up.
The owners were friendly but I did not see them except in the mornings at breakfast. Vivianna runs the front desk and is a delight to talk to. She was very friendly, spoke flawless English, and was very helpful in booking trips (hang gliding) and recommending restaurants. She even called several wine shops for me checking for some specific South American vineyards I was looking for.
It is also a short 10 minute walk to the Gloria subway station which is on a direct line to Ipanema (one of the cleanest subways I have seen in 6 continents by the way). Be aware that it is a steep journey uphill from the subway station if you decide to walk back though. I can recommend this B&B with 100% confidence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a bed & breakfast with a privileged location in Santa Teresa. Access is very easy by Metro Glory. Are only 10 minutes from walking out of the station . Or by coming Lapa and up the Taylor Street. Near the Cristo Redentor and Sugar Loaf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Casa da Carmen e do Fernando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Da Carmen e Do Fernando Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa Da Carmen e Do Fernando Rio De Janeiro, Brazil