“Simple food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Galitos Grill

Galitos Grill
Farme de Amoedo 62, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Lagoa)
55 (21) 2287 7864
Improve this listing
Ranked #980 of 9,756 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Lagoa
Montreal
“Simple food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We tried Galitos after a fun day at the beach. It looked like we were going to have a really tasty, cheap meal. The two in my group liked it, but honestly, I did not. I had the spiciest chicken (it wasn't spicy) and I just gave it to my fiance and his friend without eating it. Perhaps because I didn't eat much, I didn't find that it was cheap for what we got!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne
“Great Chicken, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great, delicious and simple grilled chicken. We went to both the impanena and copa branches, look for the lunch time specials and goes from cheap to rediculously cheap.

Order the salad and rice if you want it to be healthy.

As another reviewer said ensure you order the molho a campanha to drisil over the chicken, delicious.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, NC
“Great Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went to the branch in Leblon and loved it. Just plain grilled 'baby' chickens with a wonderful spicy sauce. We ordered a whole chicken, which came served in small pieces. which we shared for lunch. Had lunch here 3 days in a row!

Visited October 2012
“Very nice roasted chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Ask for bread with garlic (pão com alho) and spicy roasted chicken (galeto picante)... Definitely worth visiting!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle
“My favorite restaurant in Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I discovered this wonderful little restaurant on my first trip to Brazil for Carnaval 10 years ago. After marching with Banda de Ipanema for a couple of hours, I was making my way back to my hotel when I passed this open air restaurant where a large crowd of people were drinking cold chopp and eating what looked to be some pretty good grilled chicken.

I made one of my best decisions in deciding to stop and have dinner. SInce then, I've been back to Rio every year since then, and eat here at least every other day. The location is perfect for people watching as beach goers come and go from the beach, the prices are moderate, and the food is simply made and tastes great.

While others have raved about the grilled chicken, I especially like the grilled sausage (linqica) which has become the standard I compare competitor's sausage against, and I haven't found anything better. The chicken is outstanding, nicely seasoned, cooked well, and finger licking good. I also like the simple mixed salad, lettuce, onions, carrots, beets, with an oil and vinegar dressing. A nice, light counterbalance to the grilled portion of a meal. In a very slight nod to eating healthy, I avoid getting french fries or yucca (aipim) and get a plate of white rice with a side order of the mildly addictive :-) molho a campanha which is finely diced tomatoes, onions and peppers with olive oil and vinegar. The combination of the white rice and the molho are perfectly paired and could be a pretty nice meal by itself.

For a real bargain, stop in on a weekday for an executive lunch. Typically, there is a small salad, rice or fries, and maybe half a grilled chicken for a less than a Big Mac meal at McDonalds.

For a fairly modest price by Rio de Janeiro tourist standards, you'll be hard pressed to find a better meal for your money.

• Visited February 2012