My wife and I, together with a couple from London, took five hours to drive from Rio to Paraty. The main road is still being repaired because of the torrential rains early in the year which cause numerous mud slides. Still, this tortuous journey, ended with our arrival in a magical place called Pousada do Sandi, right in the center of Paraty. This hotel is in an old colonial house which has been decorated with style and charm. This is the second time we stayed there. But this time we took some friends who also thoroughly enjoyed it. The breakfast was very good and the omelette was as good as the one from two years ago !! I would strongly recommend this place for someone looking for peace and for enjoyment of good taste art. The place is full of beautiful works of art to be admired !!
Some areas the hotel (ceilings) will need a coat of paint soon, but it is still beautiful. The only thing I do not like about Paraty is that they add a charge to your bill, to cover the live music in some places. One has to pay it even if one doesn't like the music !!
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. They have their own car park which is a definite plus. There was a photographic convention when we were there and the town was full of
happy young people having caipirinhas and exchanging artistic views ( I think).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is impossible to think of the historical center of Paraty without mentioning Pousada do Sandi, or Sandi's Lodge. Located in one of the most important historical building sites in Paraty, Pousada do Sandi is a reference in town. Known worldwide for its rich colonial architecture, Paraty's historical center is remarkable. The building that shelters Pousada do Sandi is a city picture postcard. We offer our guests: Sauna, Captain's bar (Pub), Game room, Cable TV and 300 titles of DVDs, Business center, Breakfast, Room Service, Private Parking, SPA All our rooms have conditioned air, telephone, TV, video, safe, minibar, private bathroom, the double beds are king-size. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pousada do Sandi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Sandi Paraty, Brazil
- Pousada Do Sandi Hotel Paraty