Aratinga is an exceptionally beautiful property. The love and creativity put into making this a spectacular place to stay is clearly evident in all the small touches. The gardens are phenomenal and give you the feeling that you are indeed in the rainforest.
Our airconditioned chalet was small but large enough to house all our belongings with lots of shelves/drawers etc which were much appreciated (some hoteliers do not think about where their guests are actually going to put their stuff once they are in the room!)
The shower was hot every day and the airconditioning worked a treat on the hot days.
Like the other reviewers, we loved the breakfast and the afternoon tea was a stroke of genius. Tea and snacks were put out at 3/4pm and then left there for a few hours so we never felt like we were rushed - indeed Rennie who owns and runs Aratinga always made sure we had factored our tea into our day activities!
Finally, Rennie really made this place special. She told us hints and tips of where to eat, where to go, what was a good price etc. We can't stress enough about how important this is to our enjoyment of a place. We really feel like Rennie made sure we saw the best of the island at the right price!
We do not usually talk so much about an owner in our review but without Rennie's hosting, Aratinga would not be as special. We thank her for going out of her way to make our stay fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Aratinga inn Boutique Hotel, your haven of peace and tranquility on Ilha Grande. Our guest rooms and chalets are built in harmony with the verdant natural setting of the Atlantic rain forest. All of our guest rooms and chalets are simple and cozy, but we are sure you will agree that they are comfortable and welcoming. They are furnished with solid timber beds, with a top quality inner spring mattress, latex pillows and quality, imported bed linen. Rooms are appointed with A/C, ceiling fan, LCD TV and DVD player, a bar fridge for your personal use, and all rooms have a sparkling clean, modern bathroom. For those seeking peace and privacy, Aratinga inn Boutique Hotel offers double chalets and double rooms, the perfect personal retreat for nature lovers. We do not receive large groups, small children or smokers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Aratinga Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Aratinga Hotel Ilha Grande
- Aratinga Inn Ilha Grande, Brazil