“Amazing Place !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Relais La Borie

You added Hotel Le Relais La Borie to your Saves list
Hotel Le Relais La Borie
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Rua Gerbert Perisse 1374 | Geriba Beach, Buzios, State of Rio de Janeiro 28950-000, Brazil   |
Ranked #12 of 91 Hotels in Buzios
Porto Alegre
“Amazing Place !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I just loved this place! I was referred by a friend and could not be more satisfied. There is no money to pay for the combination of the "European Atmosphere" with Geribás beach view. Even the smell of this relais is special, unique. Not to mention the spetacular breakfast (the very best that I've ever had) and the exquisite food. I highly recommend it !

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
GustavoLunardi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I came to Laborie with my wife and 2 children on recomendation from a friend.
We stayed in the room no 37 with overlooking a beautifull garden. My baby (10 months) and my daughter (4 years) loved the hot swimming pools and the possibility to go from the beach to the gardens and play a lot.
My wife relaxed as never and really enjoyed perfect moments.
I could then go surfing and enjoyed a great spot. The sea in Buzios is definetly magic and offers great possibilities.
We also took some walks to nearby beaches with the kids. Lovely!!
The best thing is that we could get a nany to take care of the baby and we could go to the city center and enjoy the night-life, some shopping and romance together.
The staff is very kind and full of attention. They worried about us having the best time. The idea to book a nany was from the reception as we wanted to visit the city center.
Resting at Laborie is definetly a moment to be remembered forever.
The restaurant is delicious. I recomend the "Risoto de Magret de Canard com Manga" where the french duck is mixed with the tropical mango in a risoto... Huummm.
Laborie is THE place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
jillian646
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

I did a bunch of research on where to stay in Buzios and decided upon Le Relias La Borie. I chose it because we are surfers and I heard that it was the nicest option on Geriba Beach.

The premises were amazing (two pools, 1 jacuzzi, directly on the beach, a couple of bars) and our room was impressive (standard beach front – Room #2). The included breakfast was one of the best I’ve seen (eggs, breads, sandwich meats, fruits, etc), and our dinner at the hotel was excellent.

The only downfall: the service. I’ve been traveling for the past couple of months, and we both were taken aback by the poor service and treatment. We originally had problems with receiving drinks – we had to wait over 30 minutes for a pina colada – which was aggravating, but not the end of the world.

Later that evening we had some issues with the wireless internet. My boyfriend is a computer programmer, who runs his own business, so when the wireless was down, he offered to help. The manager freaked out on him and accused him of doing something wrong.

Our last two nights our hot water stopped working. The manager placed several phone calls from our room and the water never returned.

We had to check out the following morning at 5AM, and we quickly paid the balance of our bill since our shuttle was waiting for us. I later looked at the bill and we were charged for the phone calls the manager made from our room, and we were charged for two drinks that we never ordered. I emailed the hotel, but they insisted that they could not do anything about this.

The hotel was very promising at first with adorable decorations and top-notch food. We actually met the owner and the owner’s son on the 3rd day, who were very welcoming, but I’m sorry to say that they need to be trained on customer service and satisfaction.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

La Borie has the perfect location, right at the beach of Geribá. The hotel is very clean, the rooms somewhat spartan but spacious and comfortable. Breakfast is not bad and service is excellent. Although the hotel is not exactly kids-oriented, we had a very enjoyable stay with our 11-month old girl who had a blast at the beach (although Geribá can get prety rough at times), in the gardens and at the pools. Go mid-week when Buzios is less crowded.

Stayed February 2008
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

After reviewing many hotel options in Buzios for the days following Christmas, we chose this hotel and were very pleased. The room was clean, spacious and had a great view of the pool, beach and ocean. The hotel is situated right on Playa Geriba, a nice tranquil beach where one can relax. Taxi to central Buzios and the more popular beaches is a short 10 minute cab ride. I thought this was a great location for a couple or family to relax without tons of people yet close enough to town that you can easily go for shopping, restaurants & nightlife. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Attached is a photo from our room.....

• Liked — Clean room, great view, right in front of the beach
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Le Relais La Borie? Share your experiences!