“Most bad hotel ever! Dont trust their website!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Brava Hotel

Save Saved
You added Brava Hotel to your Saves list
Brava Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua 17, Lote 14, Quadra 0 | Praia Brava, Buzios, State of Rio de Janeiro 28950-000, Brazil   |
Ranked #84 of 90 hotels in Buzios
Hamburg, Germany
“Most bad hotel ever! Dont trust their website!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Folks, I booked the Brava Hotel Buzios just from knowing their website for me and my wife for having a new years trip.
I booked a loft for 400 US$ per night. The bath was like a jouth hostel, dirty and not luxurios. The buttons on the leather couch was loose and rusty. one of 2 telephones was not working. The loft was announced with WiFi - there was a wifi router but no(!) cable in the wall for internet - from where should the internet original coming from - no internet! The bed plankets were stinky. The food was horrible - a salmon carpaccio was convience food from the super market. The beef fillet was a sole of a shoe. The waiters dont know nothing about food and wine and forget 50 per cent of the order within seconds and come to ask again 4(!) times. The reception was a mess. The guy at reception dont pay attention for guest and let us and other people wait and made telephones calls with friends. The manager is an argentina guy wich speaks no english and has no computer. The reception is long sloping stairs away from parking lot - but nobody help me and my wife with the luggage. This is a 5 star hotel?? This is the badest experience of a hotel I ever made in my life!! We stayed their 1 night and stay the rest of our time in another hotel. Dont look at their nice website - its all a lie. This hotel dont deserve any guests more!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
LaGeneracion, Director de marketing at Brava Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2009
The hotel service is great and the assistants are awfully kind.
Thanks, Brava Hotel.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

buenos aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

I read various negativ sentences on this location, but I wanted to share my experience.

The hotel is nice and clean, with very design ideas, the beach is near and they offer a beach service.
You have a young atmosphere anf in regarr of other places in Buzios, the ratio price-quality is high, I really recommand to stay at this place, I personnaly stay 4 nights at this hotel and the welcome was great.

Dr Olivier Hitz, Argentina-Switzerland

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

Beautiful boutique hotel with friendly staff, amazing decor and location. Food and drinks were excellent quality and value even though the service could sometimes be slow. The best hotel in Buzios I could see by far.

• Liked — design, modern, minimalist clean and fresh
  • Disliked — absence of a towel rack close to shower/bath
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

Like many of the negative reviews, I made the mistake of booking this hotel based on the website. Let me try and give as unbiased account as possible. First of all, I booked the hotel 5 months in advance. However, they didn't have my room reserved when I arrived. So, we had to split up the group and stay in two separate rooms. The place smelled awful, there were bugs everywhere, the room safe was a joke (no lock!), air conditioning was poor at best, and generally a very bad experience. Please do NOT trust the photos on the website. It truly is a sham. I will give the hotel credit for a couple things though - staff was very friendly to us despite our clear disappointment with how badly they messed us around. The breakfast was also decent. And when we packed up our things after two nights (planning on 4) to leave and check-in elsewhere, they refunded our money and were extremely apologetic. With this being said, I would never stay there again and highly encourage others to avoid it.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
The hotel service is great and the assistants are awfully kind.
Thanks, Brava Hotel.
ciudad autonoma bs aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

It is the fourth time I stay at the "Brava Hotel" and if I go back to Buzios I would no doubt, stay there again – hands down, the best place to stay !

It is perfect place to relax. Very clean, great service and personalized attention.
All the employees are extremely attentive and nice.

The first time I stayed there, and after seeing the images on their website, I was expecting to find that the pictures where purposely done to attract clients but would not depict the reality 100%... glady, I was wrong. What I found was that the pictures depict the rality of Brava Hotel !!

The images I am posting, were taken by me and you can see that the place is exactly as you see online.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Wife and I recently returned from a 5 night stay at the Brava Hotel in Buzios. When doing our research, Brava Hotel seemed like a "no brainer." I travel for a living in the US so I have seen just about everything, trust me I am well seasoned.

If you book this place like we did, based on the website and photo's only, you will be gravely disapponted. I would say it derserves a 2 star rating at best and that is being generous. The only thing that saved our stay was the staff, they were all so helpful and kind, I have nothing negative to say about them. They went above and beyond to assist and make our stay more comfortable.

To be brief, the hotel was dirty, there was mold and peeling paint all over the bathroom walls, the water had a terrible odor as well the entire room. The comforter had what appeared to be cigarette burns and dirt under the duvet cover that we had changed out immediately. The floor was dirty and stained, door handles practically falling off, the pool has large ugly bugs in it every day, all day so when we really wanted to take a dip we couldn't. There were ants all over the place, it was a feeble attempt at South Beach Miami.

We paid 175 US for a Standard Room, which in our opinion was way too high for the quality of the property and amenities. They have no gym, the charge for internet(R$5) with a slow connection, no elevator and this place has a lot of stair and climbing to get to, not for those out of shape. It is also out of the way a bit, cab to town cost R$10 one way, the beach it uses has maybe 5 or 6 umbrellas and lounge pads, very small section to share with the hotels guests, hate to see it during high season!

Wife and I looked at Casas Brancas and would have liked to stay there if we could get our money back :)

Stay away from this place! Trust Me!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

I booked this hotel for my third trip to Buzios. I did not read the reviews on this site until after I had made my reservation and given my credit card information. After reading the reviews I started to worry. I thought I had made a big mistake. I headed to Brazil and made my way to Buzios and arrived at the Brava only to be completely surprised. Pleasantly surprised.

I liked the Brava and enjoyed my stay. I thought it was worth the money. The photos on the Brava's website were accurate (and I was greatly relieved). Our room was fantastic. We were in a loft so we had a bathtub, a balcony and satelite television with lots of channels to choose from.

The pool was nice and the lobby bar was very cool and comfortable. The service at the bar was extremely friendly but not fast. The design of the hotel is terrific and reminded me a lot of several Ian Schrager hotels I have stayed in.

After returning home I re-read the bad reviews on this website. I think I must have stayed at a different Brava. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely return. I would recommend to a friend.

• Liked — Style
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Brava Hotel? Share your experiences!