“Thrilling Hang Glide Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Mission Viejo, California
7 attraction reviews
“Thrilling Hang Glide Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was in Rio last week and my day tour guide connected me to Ricardo at Delta Flight (AKA Rio by Jeep). Ricardo has been hang gliding since 1986. He is fantastic! Everybody knows him. He was very professional and made me feel safe before the flight and during. I wouldn't jump off a mountain with just anyone, but I would definitely do it again with Ricardo. It was an amazing experience. I have wonderful photos and a video to prove it!

Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“Great flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hang-gliding with Ricardo over Rio was a great experience. He was really responsive and helpful in setting up our reservation, and followed through with a great flight. He was knowledgeable about all things Rio and hang-gliding. I would definitely recommend Rio by Jeep to anyone.

Visited June 2013
Chicago
“Awesome Flying!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a fantastic experience in Rio! Ricardo, the pilot, is a fantastic teacher and he is great for conversation. The thrill of running off the platform, flying over Rio, and landing on a beach simply cannot be beat. The transfer to/from hotel was easy and enjoyable. The driver gave me a local's view of Rio. For those who think this might be scary, it isn't. It is safe while at the same time a thrill. I highly recommend flying with Ricardo. Good Flight!

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Great experience (just don't buy the pictures)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

All the great reviews here are accurate. My girlfriend and I had great flights that lasted over ten minutes, with a great view of the Tijuca forests, beaches, and even some favela's in the distance. I would definitely recommend the flight.

But be warned: Pictures and video are a scam!
It seems like all of the hang gliding companies here (Delta Flight included, but it is not unique) contract with a small group of girls to get you pictures and video of your flight. For the price that they ask for pictures and video for two flyers, you could buy your own GoPro camera! The flight is R$300, and they ask R$150 for video, which they burn onto a blank dvd. This is an insane price! Moreover, they will not be upfront with you about the cost of the pictures when you book. They will probably say "oh, it's R$50". Not only is this still expensive, it's not true! They will ask R$60 for pictures only (not 50 as they say on the phone), and R$150 for pictures and video. They will almost certainly not tell you this on the phone. We were two separate parties, and this experience happened to both of us.

Oddly enough, they will sell you the pictures OR the videos for R$60, but if you want them both, it's going to be an extra $R30. Figure out the economics of this one at your own peril.

Again, this scam is NOT limited to this company. It seems like all flyers are subjected to this same procedure.

Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Poor follow-up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had scheduled a flight and due to weather was not able to go. Ricardo told me to call him the night before (anytime) to schedule another flight. Well I called him and left him a message (I did this several times) asking him to email me. He failed to email or leave a message at the hotel. When I went downstairs to book with another company, the front desk told me that it was not a good day to fly and that other companies had been calling to cancel. Ricardo could have let me know. Instead he left me hanging and not in a good way. All in all, a waste of my time.

Visited January 2013