This was by far the worse of the 12 hotels we stayed at in South America during this trip. Usually I give the reviews based on the budget allocated for the hotel as well. Considering we paid so little for the room I was not expecting much but it was even worse than expected. The corridor was dark and gloomy, furniture was old, beds were not comfortable, the room was dirty (few minutes after it was "cleaned" we got in and there were dead bugs and lots of hair on the floor), the bathroom had mold. The surroundings would have been beautiful but they were also not taken care of. The pools were VERY dirty, full with dead bugs, dead leaves and greenish algae. Even the indoor one (which had very warm water, would have been a nice touch if it wasn't full of dead bugs!). Everything is highly overpriced (for ex. drinks cost more than then do inside the attractions) and there's also an extra 10% that gets added at the end (so it's even more expensive).
The food was mediocre at best (the beef steaks are the only ones even worth considering). My husband got a frozen lasagna! It was just warmed up on the exterior and the interior was frozen. He complained, they took it back and brought it 10 minutes later again. Same plate. Would have been funny if it wasn't sad.
In the first evening, we had just landed so we decided to get the dinner buffet (it seemed that it was the only option, we discovered afterwards that they also had a menu and then had the beef steaks mentioned above). According to the information booklet it was starting at 7. We waited until it turned 7, asked one of the waiters if we can start, was told yes so got in to chose a table. When we wanted to move towards the buffet selection another waiter told us we had to wait until 7:30 as it only starts then. I was a bit pissed but decided to wait due to the lack of options. 5 mins later they decided we could start. Well, we left in under 30 seconds, all the choices from the buffet were a few pasta dishes. Not even decent sauce for the pasta, some weird indescribable sauces that looked bleah. Again, would have been funny if it wasn't sad.
For the last day we enquired about one of their touristy trips. Asked about the total price for the tour (it was 130 r$ for 2), decided on all the details and then they said I need to pay so that they're sure I'll go. No problem, I bring the money but.. it's too little! They ask for 260 r$. I had to pay another 130 r$ for transportation, costs that were somehow magically not mentioned during the half hour discussion we just had. It's good I didn't decide to put the trip on the room, would have been a nice surprise at the end.
Except for one waiter at the cafeteria, the rest of the staff was really unfriendly. Also, you have to pay 2 r$ for each of the pool towels. Ok, not so much. We took them to our rooms without even using them (decided to skip the pool at the time considering it was so dirty) and the cleaning lady just took them away from the room without leaving replacements!!! Yup, another one of the funny moments.
Honestly, don't stay here unless you NEED to be very close to the airport or the Brazilian side of the falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Facilities devoted to the Fun and Relaxation." Located 1 km from the International Airport of Foz do Iguacu and near the Falls, the Harbor Hotel Colonial was designed to provide the best and most complete recreational facilities. Besides all the infrastructure for leisure, Harbor Colonial Hotel, offers spacious apartments with air-conditioning, music, cable LCD TV, private telephone, minibar and Free Wi-Fi. At Harbor Colonial Hotel, you will not only enjoy an environment with elegance and comfort but also may hold your event with all the infrastructure that conventions and events deserve. It has a room designed for up to 200 people and a choice of coffee breaks. Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Comfortable and warm environment with air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Venere and Otel so you can book your Harbor Hotel Colonial & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Hotel Colonial And Spa
- Harbor Hotel Colonial Foz Do Iguacu
- Harbor Hotel Colonial & Spa Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil