This was Everything you would expect from a luxury hotel. Very efficient and attentive staff.
It's well worth being inside the park to beat the crowds and for spectacular sunsets, and a much more stylish building than the alternative hotel on the Argentinian side. You can easily do a 90-minute walk to see Argentinian falls, straight from hotel.
If you have the time really ought to see falls from Argentinian side as well, but this takes much longer and can get really busy, so try to get into the park as it opens and be aware that there is a 1-hour time difference between Brazil and Argentina.
It has 3 restaurant options at night - a fine dining restaurant which has great views, the churrascaria, which is a Brazilian-style barbecue buffet restaurant overlooking the pool. This was very good, serving delicious chicken and meat, a very wide selection of salads and vegetables for a set price. Lastly, the bar serves light meals and snacks in the evening, which are also available by the pool at lunchtime. Every taste is catered for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Belmond, Splendia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil