We stayed two nights in February 2008. Because of its high prices, we had not asked for anything more than an ordinary double room which turned out to be a very undistinguished, twin-bedded room on a ground floor; getting to the reception, pool restaurants etc involved a long walk including several flights of stairs with no lift option. Both restaurants were good--the a-la-carte restaurant is competent and reasonably priced and the well-managed dinner and breakfast buffets are the equal of any large hotel anywhere (unless one demands eggs-to-order). Sitting outside at breakfast overlooking the falls is a delight. And the high point of our visit was rising from breakfast and walking to the main lookouts on the Brazilian side with, unbelievably, nobody else there! Just wonderful flocks of parakeets. And it was not particularly early--8.30-9 a.m. Nothing we had seen the previous day--a visit to the very crowded Argentine side--quite measured up to this.
Nevertheless the Argentine side has to be visited for its variety and scope and getting to it from the Cataratas can take at least an hour, allowing for the need to buy Argentine pesos at the border. By the time one arrives there, so have the crowds and the heat (if you choose the middle of the Southern hemisphere summer holidays, like we did.) So if I were doing it again, I would go directly from the airport to the Sheraton in the Argentine park which would allow for optimal viewing there--and come to the Cataratas for the second night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Belmond, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil