“Family stay at Americinn Ashland” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3009 Lakeshore Drive East, Ashland, WI 54806   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Ashland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
maple grove
“Family stay at Americinn Ashland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our stay in Ashland was for a family get-together. We couldn't have been more pleased . The Americinn was very clean,the rooms spacious with everything we needed, the view was excellent and the rates very good and the breakfast ample. But it was the staff that made our stay wonderful. They couldn't have been more accomodating and helpful and friendly. our children loved the pool and the snack bar was so handy, with it's homemade pizzas and burgers and beverages both alcoholic and non. We will definitely come again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to share your family reunion with us here in Ashland. Everyone here wants to not only meet our guests' need, we want to exceed our guests' expectations, and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to serving you again here soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Carrington, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The staff was very helpful and friendly, the hotel was clean and well stocked, this hotel had the best breakfast selection and well stocked, and the view is awesome. We stayed during the off season so the hotel was nice and quiet, next time we are through the area we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review and 5 star rating of our hotel. I'm glad you were happy with the accommodations and service we provide, and really appreciate your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.
eagle river, w,i usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Clean, reasonable rates,good location
This is my place to stay when in this part of the state. Morning breakfast
Staff has always been very helpful
This property is located along shores of Ashland bay off of lake superior

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty and nice review. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay here. I hope you will let us know what we can to do to earn a five star rating from you on future visits .
Shawano, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have stayed at the Ashland Americinn three times since May of 2012 and will stay there again. Our last trip included our daughter and grandchildren and they enjoyed their stay at this hotel. We had rooms with the view of Lake Superior and found the staff to be friendly and welcoming. When we visit Ashland again we will definitely stay at Americinn.

Room Tip: Stay in a room with a view of Lake Superior.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your many visits and for posting your review and 5 star rating. We know how important and special it is to spend time with family, and everyone here wants to make sure our guests are free to relax and enjoy themselves while they are here. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very friendly and helpful service. We had two great rooms that served our needs very well at a very reasonable price. They have a great pool area and it is conveniently located near stores and restaurants. We will definitely stay at this location again during future visits to Ashland!!

• Stayed November 2012
Thanks for your great comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you and your family were happy and comfortable here, and that you were able to relax and enjoy yourselves during Thanksgiving. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.
Washburn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I visited the AmericInn in Ashland on Wednesday 11/15/12. I found the whole hotel very clean and nicely decorated throughout. The lobby area had a fireplace, flat screen TV, a computer, and many couches and chairs to relax on if you didn't want to sit in your room.

There was some work being done in the pool area and the "Splashland" park was closed, but this was completely explained at the desk when I checked in. There was a slight "varnish" smell from the work being done, which is the only reason I gave the facilities a "very good" instead of "excellent". A big plus was they had a guest laundry facility, at a reasonable price, which I utilized.

Everything in my room was clean, fresh, and modern with a flat screen TV. It included wifi, a coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave. It had an incredible view of Chequamegon Bay and the Ashland Breakwater! I wish I would have stayed here in warmer weather and had the opportunity to sit on one of the many lakeview benches or to use the outdoor patio and breakfast areas. My bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and blankets. Not ONCE did I ever hear anyone or anything in the hallway or in the adjoining rooms to disturb my stay or my sleep.

The breakfast was wonderful and included the usual items coffee (which was very good as I'm a "coffee snob"), tea, juices, cereals, bagels, toast, and muffins, but it also had wonderful waffles, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, and more! The breakfast area was clean and neat with windows over looking the bay, newspapers, and a TV showing the news. Although I was unable to us it, there was an outdoor deck for guest to enjoy their breakfasts on in warmer weather. The ONLY drawback to breakfast was the little bit of a walk to get to the area, but it certainly wasn't a problem.

I found all the staff I interacted with friendly, pleasant, smiling, and very helpful! Although the price was slightly higher than a comparable local motel ($20) which I had stayed at previously, I found my overnight stay at the AmericInn much more pleasant and restful. Well worth the few extra dollars.

There were many little "perks" which I have forgotten to mention, such as a windshield cleaning station in the parking lot, that were unexpected which added to my positive experience and review of this motel. I have no idea where the reviewer from 2 years ago had stayed, but it certainly was not the AmericInn I enjoyed!! I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend family and friends to stay here.

Thank you Ashland AmericInn!

Room Tip: I stayed in the King Lakeside Jacuzzi room!!! I highly recommend it... if you can definitely pay a f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write and post your very first TA review about your stay at our hotel. We value all guest input and appreciate your comments about our facility and service. Your kind words and recognition of jobs well done mean a great deal to everyone here. I'm glad you found value for your money here, and look forward to the next time we can serve you here.
Terrace Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Two weeks ago we travelled down to Southern Ontario and we were forced to change our route because the Trans Canada Highway had been washed out near Wawa, Ontario. We decided to stay in either Duluth, MN or Ashland, WI. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try the Americinn in Ashland.. We were not disappointed in our decision. We had a room with a jacuzzi overlooking Lake Superior for a very good rate. The free hot breakfast was more than adequate. The pool area looked great for those travelling with kids. On our next trip through this area we will definitely stay at the Americinn in Ashland.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for checking us out on TA and then checking in at our hotel during your recent detour. I'm glad you were happy with your choice and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in our area.

Been to AmericInn Ashland? Share your experiences!