“In need of some renovation but overall not bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ouro Minas Palace Hotel

You added Ouro Minas Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Ouro Minas Palace Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Cristiano Machado, 4001, Belo Horizonte, State of Minas Gerais 31910810, Brazil   |
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Belo Horizonte
London, United Kingdom
“In need of some renovation but overall not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a good hotel - the rooms are comfortable, the building itself is impressive (with it's open centre through all twenty-something stories) and the staff are friendly. Nevertheless, it does feel very dated and the rooms need a light renovation. I also struggled with service a little having to ask several times for a plug adapter which never arrived. I can't comment on location as I was only there for one night and didn't visit the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
OuroMinas, Assistente de Marketing at Ouro Minas Palace Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

First, we appreciate your comment and your considerations. They help us improve our services and products continuously.

Ouro Minas considers essential a 5 stars service. Our staff is constantly trained in pursuit of excellence. However, we know that some deviations may occur. Be assured that your comments will be passed on to all managers involved to be analyzed and appropriate action taken.

We've just passed a major revitalization: the hotel has gained a new facade and new spaces for events. The rooms are more comfortable and modern as well and our health center is also new with pool renovation, jacuzzi, saunas and gym.

We look forward to welcome you again soon and be able to present you the improvements that were made from comments like yours.

Rebecca Freitas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brasileia, AC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

As with most places in Brazil, you will find the hotel staff at Ouro Minas Palace Hotel to be both attentive and friendly. Unfortunately the hotel property is simply average, at best. The location is terrible leaving very few options for those stranded without a rental car. With a below average gym, and below average food choices that are over priced this property's only over performing qualities are its staff and the WiFi connection (download speeds exceed 12Mbs).

For dining choices you will find your best option is to leave the hotel. While most people seem to migrate to the Baby Beef (churrascaria) across the street I prefer the Italian restaurant upstairs all the way to the back far-end of the mall across from the hotel. Other dining options are limited unless you drive, take a taxi or the bus. The bus is a good choice because the bus stop is directly in front if the hotel.

The hotel gym is barely acceptable, but you can get a workout, just not a great workout. There is a park with running trails and workout stations at the reservoir located about 4k from the hotel.

In a city of 2.5 million people and 5.5 million if you include the entire area, there are many better choices for the weary traveler.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It may not seem, but actually we are only 7 km from the center of BH and 9 km from Savassi region. In addition, we are strategically located on the way to the historic cities of Minas Gerais, Inhotim museum, and to natural attractions such as caves and the Serra do Cipo. A good tip for a night out are the bars and restaurants of Alberto Cintra Avenue. It is just 3 minutes (on foot) from the hotel and is full of options.

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

OURO MINAS is very fine hotel , ist hard to image it my bad experience with front desck agency, very rude and umprofessional MR "Otavio'very umprofessional,for five star hotel need more training to respect the guess.I thing hi have same personal problem to be so rude with my daugther.we arrived around 9;00 PM his scream,and act like crazy guy,infortune in New YEARS eveningeverything is closed,and we order pizza form the hotel restaurant Around 11;30 nite.about 8inches pizza cost me $ 24,00 MY DAUGTHER GOTTER SO SICK ,take first thing in the morning to the hospital fine out is food poison,cost me around $ 650,00 dollares in medical bills,next day cancel my trip for ouro pretospeak with manger and general manager MR CLEBER AND EMANULE,both apologyfrom incident and action be take..the ironic situatuion is when I got the bill have the courage to charge for the pizza unbelievable,these going to be last time my self and my family and my employes be in these hotel.Again regarding Mr Otavio atituteno accept for five star hotel tarining and prepair to dill with guess is very important.Infortune with me no more the last time going to see me and my family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Even though this is a fine hotel, it is hard to imagine it rated as a five-star anywhere in the world. Rooms are big enough and comfortable. While I particularly liked the bedclothes, bathroom items were subpar (and this is because I don't really care about them!) Service is erratic - at peak times there is an immense line on the lobby checking out. Also I asked for a plug adaptor and they didn't even care to get back to me to say there wasn't one available.

Locations is a problem; it is not near downtown and there isn't anything like a neighbourhood around it. You can get there with the airport bus, but not come back to the airport (!). There is a shopping mall across the avenue - is a not very pleasant though very short walk from there.

Room Tip: I would choose a high floor to avoid music from the restaurant.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

In January of 2013 we had our 5 stars rating renewed for two more years. Over 150 requirements were evaluated by INMETRO. But we know that the maintenance should be constant and for this reason, we are constantly passing through revitalizations. Completed a cycle, it's time to starst another and so on...

Ouro Minas considers essential a 5 stars service. Our policy is to exceed the expectations of our customers by continuing the improvement of our services, thus all suggestions are considered and carefully analyzed so that we can serve you better each day!

We look forward to welcome you again soon and be able to present you the necessary improvements that were made from comments like yours.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Good business hotel where I stayed for one night, have not used much else than bed and breakfast. The room was good but not thrilling considering the 5 stars this hotel is rated – bed was very good though and that for me still is the most important. A highlight was the excellent breakfast with a whole range of breads and pies, all of them tasteful and making you run to the buffet one more time – at least that’s what I did.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
OuroMinas, Assistente de Marketing at Ouro Minas Palace Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very happy and honored to know that we could meet your expectations.

As well said iIn our breakfast we have over 80 items that range from continental options to traditional delicacies from Minas Gerais. On your next hosting, make sure to try one of our freshly cooked omelettes. They are irresistible!

We look forward to welcome you again soon!

liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Leaving in Europe and travelling around the world I was surprised to see the room pretty basic, would look like a 3 or 4*s here in Europe and in USA, but they do make a difference in many aspects: the best breakfast ever, the services...I have received all my messages in writing as while I was busy in the phone, one of my stays coincide with my pregnancy and I was feeling terrible cold, to realized that I wasn't well, I rang the reception asking for a thermometer in less than 5 minutes a Doctor and a nurse knocked in my door, they were part of their 5*s service. I have never had such of well treatment and service in any of the 5*s stars hotel in France, Italy, New York, Tokio etc.
I would go back and truly recommended.

Room Tip: choose the top floor rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are very happy and honored to know that we could meet your expectations. Be assured that your comment will be celebrated with our entire team.

Ouro Minas considers essential to provide an excellent service, so permanently invest in continuous training. For people like you, who value good service, we have the Premier Floor. On your next hosting you must know it: one floor with exclusive services for you.

Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I didn't like my experience in that hotel.
Expect to wait a long time for the elevators and to get your room. Once you get to your room, be prepared to call maintenance so you can unlock your door.
The room was very basic and looked old. The staff was not the friendliest.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Ouro Minas considers essential a 5 star service. Our policy is to exceed the expectations of our customers by continuing the improvement of our services, thus all suggestions are considered and carefully analyzed so that we can serve you better each day!

Rebecca Freitas.

Been to Ouro Minas Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!