“most friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Belo Horizonte Lifecenter Hotel

You added Mercure Belo Horizonte Lifecenter Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Belo Horizonte Lifecenter Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Cicero Ferreira 10 | Serra, Belo Horizonte, State of Minas Gerais 3022004, Brazil (Formerly Parthenon Lifecenter Flat)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 111 Hotels in Belo Horizonte
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very good!!! Everything perfect in the hotel, just a little bit far BUT you can take a taxi 24h!!

• Stayed December 2011
, General Manager at Mercure Belo Horizonte Lifecenter Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Belo Horizonte Lifecenter.
At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Flávia Dorjó
Gerente Geral
Mercure Belo Horizonte Lifecenter
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My friend that I was traveling with had 600 Reals stolen out of his bag. The Bellman took a separate elevator to the room. The bag arrived 15 minutes later. They did not take all his money...only 6 large bills. Of coarse there was no videotape to observe, and the accused man was only sent home for the day. He was seen many times later during our stay.
I have stayed only at Mercure Hotels on my many trips to Brazil; Rio/BH. I have stayed at 3 in Belo Horizonte. I will not stay at LifeCenter again. And we will handle are own bags when checking in to our rooms in all of our future stays in Brazil.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Service structure can be improved, no personnel to help with luggage, the street in the entrance of the hotel is in construction and it causes some inconveniences for customers!
No information beforehand to instruct customers how to achieve reception with a car, through the parking of the hospital life center.
Personnel were very friendly and really made all effort as possible to satisfy customers!
Premisses, location and quality of sleep were great!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
HOUSTON, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed here over several nights. I will start off by saying that this is one of the first hotels I have ever considered leaving simple because the bed was so uncomfortable (and I have stayed in some 1 and 2 star hotels in my travels). The bed was hard as a rock. When I complained at the front desk, they said that all rooms were this way. When my business partner suggested that we might be checking out early, they said they would see what they could do. They replaced my mattress that day and the replacement was much better (although it was larger than the bed frame but it was comfortable).

Another oddity, which probably worsened my experience with the bed is that the A/C has an unmarked switch by the bed. Mine was switched off and so the first night I also slept without air conditioning. I opened the windows for awhile but had to close them after awhile due to local noise including a gun shot I am pretty sure.

The hotel is located on the edge of the main downtown area and quickly changes to residential and favella as you continue out. While I felt generally safe walking, there was evidence that this area could be a bit rough at times. There are very few restaurants although the Japanese nearby was pretty good. This meant a taxi ride to get to the better restaurant areas and taxis could take awhile to arrive when needed. I did some walking but Belo Horizonte is fairly hilly which made it a bit more of a challenge.

The amenities were average but at the low end of the scale you expect on business travel. This hotel pre-billed your credit card when you checked in and did a second billing for any extra items like internet and minibar when you leave, which was a bit confusing for my expense reports.

All rooms have kitchenettes but I didnt need that. The TV was on a pivot which was an interesting option to allow it to be watched from the bed or desk area.

Overall, I wouldn't suggest this hotel if you are on business as there is nothing special and the location and quality mean that other options are avaiable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Mercure Belo Horizonte Lifecenter Hotel? Share your experiences!