“Overall good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brasil 21 Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Brasil 21 Suites to your Saves list
Brasil 21 Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   SHS Q. 6 Bloco F 6 Block F, Brasilia, Federal District 70316-000 , Brazil (Formerly Tryp Park)   |
Ranked #27 of 55 Hotels in Brasilia
California
“Overall good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Thought I was in Block D, was really in Block F. But I am glad I was booked into the Suites. Nice clean room, good breakfast with omelettes, lots of plugs. Down side: understaffed front desk, laundry pinked my white shirts.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Plinio_MB, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear CaliforniaDaveS,

Thank you for choosing Brasil 21 Suítes as your hosting in Brasilia.
We apologize for not fully meet your expectations with laundry service. We are taking the necessary steps to improve this aspect in their next hosting. Take this opportunity to thank your comments, which help to improve our services.
Plinio de Souza General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

When I checked in I was told I needed to move to TOWER F - which is a different brand called Brasil 21 SUITES. It looks like it was built in 1972 and has not been upgraded since. Clean room but hair dryer ripped out of bathroom wall. On 4th floor with loud night club music thumping from across the street until 3am. Upon check out I was told an email invoice would be sent. It has not arrived even after an email to Melia requesting one was sent.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor to avoid having to hear the thud of night club music from across the street. Ma...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Plinio_MB, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear jeff G,

Thank you for choosing Brasil 21 Suítes as your hosting in Brasilia.
We apologize for not fully meet your expectations with some services. We are taking the necessary steps to improve this aspect in their next hosting. Take this opportunity to thank your comments, which help to improve our services.
NZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Brasilia 21 suites for 2 weeks during a conference this year. My room was on the 4th floor facing the middle of the Melia21 compound. We thought we were booked into the Melia21 Hotel, but on arrival discovered we were in block F, the suites.
On the plus side, the suite was spacious and very clean. I had a comfortable stay. The bed was a decent size and quite comfortable. Staff were mostly helpful. For the price, I think it was reasonable value for money.
But, this was not an ideal hotel. The room was at most parts of the day very dark. It was very noisy from the cafe opposite on a number of nights, until 2 or 3am. This was not music but talking, shouting, etc. The wifi was intermittent and slow. The reasonably-comfortable armchair got the best reception, until it inexplicably disappeared from my room and did not return. (One of my colleagues' sofa disappeared mysteriously too). My toilet paper was not restocked for three days. The reception desk was often staffed by only one person, and systems were slow, so it took 20 minutes to check out. The gym was depressing - a shabby alcove with a very low ceiling and little equipment. My toilet seat was cracked right through.
Overall I would rate this hotel as average. Pleasant enough at times but more attention needs to be paid to quality control and pride in service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Plinio_MB, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear reddeluxe,

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was in Brasilia last month for a wedding and most of the guests stayed here. I think this hotel is certainly above average but not quite "very good."

The customer service - ranged from mediocre to excellent. Some of the front desk were incredibly lovely and helpful, others were not. There were times when the line would be quite long and there would only be one person working.

The room - also a mixed bag. I was on the third floor and we had a balcony, which was really nice. I also enjoyed the set up. There was a little sitting area with a TV, a desk, a mini bar (with reasonable prices, a water was ~$2) and a coffee and tea maker. Then there was a separate room with a TV for the bedroom. The bed was okay, certainly comfortable enough. The bathroom didn't have a bath, only a shower (fine for me) and in addition to shampoo and lotion, there was a rather nice shaving kit and a little beauty kit with things like cotton swabs. There was also a huge closet. The cons were that the room was not as clean as it could have been, I spotted some stray hairs here and there.

The wireless - decent. I admit this was one of my biggest concerns, but it was fine. There was also a computer just outside of the lobby one could use.

The breakfast - AWESOME. I thought this was one of the best things about my stay at the Suites. To drink there was coffee, tea and fresh juices like mango. To eat there was the usual granola, cereal, yogurt, jams, butter, cold cuts, breads and cheese you might find in Europe. But there was also fresh fruit - apples, bananas, papaya, pineapple and watermelon. The fruit was sublime. Then, there were all kinds of sweets - breads and cakes. Finally, there was a hot buffet set up over to the left with Mexican eggs, sausage and onions, other hot foods and...an omelette station featuring various veggies and cheeses. Breakfast was BOSS and great for people who want to maybe save a little money by eating a bit late and skipping lunch before eating dinner. Dinner at the hotel - an upscale buffet - is also delicious but expensive.

Location - good. Brasilia has an odd set up with everything having its own place (residences in one part of the city, hotels in another...) but the Suites are in a good spot. They are not far from one of the malls (you can walk to it) and are within cabbing distance to the other (more upscale). There are also spots to drink a beer or hang out with friends right outside. Getting to the hotel was easy, a cab from the airport was about 50R. You can also walk to the TV Tower from the hotel, which has a nice craft market on the weekends where you can buy jewelry, ceramics, keychains, art and clothes to take home.

All in all, I would definitely stay at the Suites again if I returned to Brasilia.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Plinio_MB, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Springa,

Thank you for choosing Brasil 21 Suítes as your accommodation in Brasilia.
Plinio de Souza - General Manager
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Had booked a stay at what I thought was the Melia Brazil 21 location which has pretty good reviews on tripadvisor only to find out that they had me booked in the Brasilia 21 building (building D I think).
Overall not too bad with plenty of room but I would not consider this a luxury hotel and actually would out it on par with Fairfield Inns back in the states. Biggest downfall is the stains on the carpet, lack of what I would consider an adequate gym with good hours and a hard bed. Not worth the cost in my humble opinion. Oh yea, don't get too excited about the breakfast that comes with the room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Plinio_MB, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear KentuckyDerbyfan,

Uberlandia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The “Plano Piloto” of Brasilia (the central area of the Federal District) has two areas of hotels very close to each other : the North and South. Meliá Brazil 21 Suites is in the South sector. When booking, pay attention to the hotel name, because there are three hotels of the Meliá network together. I have stayed at Brazil 21 Suites. I was traveling with my wife and my daughter . My daughter was not included in the reserve and even then they accepted her without any problem , probably because she is still a baby. We arrived at the hotel early, around ten o'clock on a Saturday , and they let us into the room immediately , without charging more for it . The apartments are spacious with a living room , some kitchen equipment , a small room to the clothes, the bathroom and the bedroom . Cleaning is good , but I found a thong used on the floor, which shows flaws for cleanliness . The room has electric iron, but I could only use it after calling the hotel service , because it was missing a plug adapter. To my daughter, they got a portable crib that has served us very well. From the bedroom , we ordered a sandwich and a pizza . Although expensive , the sandwich and pizza were big and only one of them would be enough for we both. The hotel has a free indoor parking , which is good for those with a rental car . The hotel location is good , about 150 meters from a large shopping and less than 10 minutes by taxi from the Esplanada dos Ministérios, the Cathedral of Brasilia , the Square of the Three Powers (Praça dos Três Poderes) and the Presidential Palace (Palácio do Planalto). It is also very close to the Tower of Brasilia , and you can go to the tower walking. We liked the hotel, especially because we paid only R$ 190.00 (brazilian reais) per night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Plinio_MB, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear henryBrazil,

Thank you for choosing Brasil 21 Suítes as your accommodation in Brasilia.
Plinio de Souza - General Manager
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

First of all, I thought I had booked the Melia 21, which is in the same complex. Beware blocks B and F are Brasil 21 Suites and the only one for Melia is block D.
A few positive aspects - room size, which has a separate living room and lots of storage space, as well as a terrace. Bed and linens are ok and the bathroom has good shower pressure. Rooftop swimming pool with nice view.
Other than that, service is a bit slow, breakfast doesn't have too many options, gym is a joke and general value is just not worth it.

Room Tip: Try to go for high floor, not obstructed view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Plinio_MB, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Cadi_Cunha,

Plinio de Souza General Manager

Been to Brasil 21 Suites? Share your experiences!