“Better options other places.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider

You added Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider to your Saves list
Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shn Quadra 5 Bloco I | Asa Norte, Brasilia, Federal District 70710-300, Brazil   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Brasilia
A TripAdvisor Member
“Better options other places.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

"Free" internet does not work, but they are glad to charge you for working internet. Most rooms are not updated and very old. Your room key will only get you to your own floor and the keys stop working daily. Phones did not work well and when you need the front desk there was usually no answer. The hotel staff was very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
agattiboni, Manager at Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Brasília Lider. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Therefore, regarding your comments about facilities in our rooms, I must inform you we are now going through a full refurbishment of all of our rooms, and these brand new apartments should be available shortly.

As per the Internet connection, I hereby declare that we are gathering our sources towards finding better options for such service.

Alan Gattiboni
Sub Manager
Mercure Brasília Lider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Good hotel chain, good value, great location at Mercure Lider in Brasilia.

Will stay there again.

Recommend to all travelers to Brasilia. Mercure is a good chain in Brasil and stay often in all Mercures when traveling in Brasil.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
marlboro, New Jersey, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I paid $250 per night for this hotel. It's worth about half. Rooms and lobbies need refurbishing. Room was large and comfortable but stained carpets and walls, old tv's, fixtures need replacing. Fitness center is a joke, one broken universal home gym and broken ellipticals. Staff was excellent, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

I been there stating Sunday evening until Friday at morning. Unfortunate I had several troubles and almost was the worst time that I stayd in Brasilia. Let's go:

1) The air conditional in the room was without the flaps and I could not control the direction of the air flow. The flow was direct to my head.

2) I was in the 15th floor. At the morning, every days, the temperature of the shower changed between hot and cold by it self.

3) The TV's were very old CRT models. Were smalls and the TV in the living room had something wrong in the sound system. I asked to change but the guys from engineering told me that they don't have any other piece available.

4) Internet access doesn't exist. The speedy is so poor and I could not do anything. Or email, internet banking or regular web pages did not open.

5) The breakfast is so poor and so expensive. There doesn't have any special kind of food, just the regular things. But the price (R$ 28,00), is high to that.

6) The bathroom area is so small.

I am going to Brasilia one time per each two months and there has others better places with the same price and better quality. I just not changed the hotel because in that week Brasilia was very busy and there did not have any other place to move, thus, I needed stay in this horrible hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this antiquated
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Oslo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

If this had been my first stay at a Mercure property I would NEVER ever booked a room at the brand again. But I had just left one of their properties in Sao Paulo and would return to another after my stay in Brasilia. I had a booking confirming a kingsize bed. After the front desk had two rooms with two single beds. I got a king bed on the third try! This is not hotelrooms but apartments with kitchenettes, but silverware and dishes was missing. I told frontdesk that I would write to ACCOR in France if dishes and silverware not appeared in my room when I returned. It was fixed. Later I smsed my friend back home in Norway to get him to call me (we have IPphone so its free). After a long wait I called him from my cell. He had been calling but nobody answered the phone before he was disconnected. I then went down to the frontdesk and asked if the phonenumber listet on the web was incorrect. Then I got him to call again THEN they answered!
Room was nice and clean, bed was comfy and the rest of my stay was really nice as I am used to Mercure. The remodeling of the room I don't see why. Make shure that the staff knows their job would make sence.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

Good location. Opposite the "Brasilia Shopping" mall, where there is a stop of the sightseeing bustours (@25R$/day). Mall has a restaurant floor where one can get a variety of cheap meals (hamburgers, wok, Italian, Japanese, salads, etc...).
Hotels lies in walking distance of the principal busstation, from where one can catch different "Circular" buses to get a feel of the city.
When arriving by plane in Brasilia, take minbus #30 at busstop (on your right when emerging from the airport) and tell the driver you want to get off at "Brasilia Shopping". You're set for 2R$ per person. Minibus accepts suitcases.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Yokohama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I staid in the Lider just for one night in Nov 2010. Hotel is located in the Hotel district - as most (or all??) others in Brasilia. The building appears rather new, quite clean, nice reception, friendly staff - as common for Mercure from my experience. One little minus was that I had requested an early check-in (without pay though!), but in the end I had to wait until midday to get into the room. The rooms are nicely arranged, rather new, living room, bedroom, bathroom and a balcony. All ok, good windows (important in Brazil), no street noise. Internet via cable is free but not very fast. The 'highspeed' wireless option is available, but with 35 R$/day (currently approx. US$ 20) too expensive for my taste. Breakfast was good. All in all I was quite satisfied and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider? Share your experiences!