Best review is to post a copy an email forwarded to the general manager.
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I recently visited Brasilia for the express purpose to view the architecture and therefore seemed plausible to stay at your hotel.
I regret my decision.
The hotel has been renovated sympathetically to the original construction.
This, together with the reasonable cost for a hotel room in a city bereft of decent hotels were the only redeeming qualities.
There are numerous areas of concern I wish to bring to your attention:-
1. The bed is far too hard with lifeless pillows.
2. Noting that nearly every street side cafe has a flat screen television, the 1970's version in the room is unacceptable.
As is NO English television stations
3. The towels were threadbare at best.
4. The maitre de of the in house restaurant was unprofessional and the insulting experience I endured soured my stay.
After walking out one evening, at the invitation of management I returned the next evening only to have my order taken by him forgotten.
I hastily ate my dinner and left. I was not going to miss dinner two nights in a row !
5. When at the pool I requested on not less three occasions a towel; it was never received.
6. The bottom of the pool was slimy and the pool was dirty.
I still have the ear infection as proof.
7. A request to have a post card mailed was refused.
8. Apart from the friendly staff at reception the remainder were indifferent and hardly welcoming.
9. A hotel of such calibre should have at least ONE English newspaper available.
My experience at your property was a great disappointment and will be telling my friends in Australia to visit the hotel in a taxi but NOT to stay.
These issues are brought to your attention so you are privy as to what matters need to be addressed if you desire your hotel to merit the high rating on sites such as Trip Advisor. Presently, such ratings are exaggerated and undeserved.
- Also Known As:
- Brasilia Palace Hotel Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by Oscar Niemeyer and founded in 1958, the Brasilia Palace Hotel's history is truly beautiful, full of glamour and style that have marked the life of Brasilia in the 50s and 60s. Rebuilt and restored just like in the golden times, after many years of oblivion, the hotel reappears as the most charming accommodation alternative in Brasilia, a truly historic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Brasilia Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.