“close to government buildings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brasilia Palace Hotel

Save Saved
You added Brasilia Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Brasilia Palace Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Setor De Hoteis E Turismo Norte Trecho 01 Conjunto 01, Brasilia, Federal District 70800-200, Brazil   |
Ranked #6 of 53 hotels in Brasilia
Curitiba, PR
“close to government buildings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Hotel is located beside the Paranoá Lake (which is big by the way) so you will be in north part of it.
Is kind of far away from everything (but close to government buildings) ... you will have to get a taxi even to get dinner, because there is nothing close to there. It is roughly at 2,5 km from Brasilia's landmarks = government buildings and cathedral.
It is a historical building therefore they do not have a "star category" classification ... but I would rated as 4 stars.
Staff is helpfull and rooms ok (simple and clean). they have a big swimming pool and a fancy (and expensive) restaurant beside it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband, an architect, was thrilled to stay in this Oscar Niedermeyer building. It lived up to his expectations. It was equally nice to see that they have maintained it so well. It is a beautiful property.

The rooms are simple and clean. Not the most comfortable bed for me, it was firm. So, if you like that style, you'll be content. The bathroom is clean and seems to be fairly new. The location is okay, you will want to have a car though. I can't imagine touring from this location without a car. Plenty of free parking.

The staff is pleasant. They don't all speak English, but we never had an issue communicating our needs. We did have problems with the air conditioning which they fixed the next day. The halls are long and we were at the very end. only issue is the layout is strange - they really only use the center elevators which is inefficient. The breakfast is abundant and great. Oscar the attached restaurant has good food, it is expensive though.
it isn't particularly a tourist hotel, seemed to be a business hotel primarily. I would recommend it for a couple of nights if you are an architecture buff, it not, I'd just take a peek at it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

For anyone interested in 20th century architecture, Brasilia is an amazing place to visit. Built in five years and opened in 1960, it features the architecture of Oscar Niemeyer, who brought the sensibility of Le Corbusier to Brazil. We stayed at the Brasilia Palace Hotel, which was designed by Niemeyer. We were fortunate to have it recommended by our guide Maria Joo, who has lived in Brasilia for thirty-five years, has a thorough knowledge of its architecture and design, and opened doors throughout the city. She can be contacted at maria.joo57@yahoo.fr The restaurant in the hotel is named OSCAR and serves outstanding food, the best we ate in Brasilia. The rooms are spare and sixties elegant. The staff was attentive and helpful. We loved it!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same except for the suites.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
berlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

if you go to brasilia for the town planning and architecture, this is the perfect place to stay. the hotel was designed by oscar niemeyer and beautifully restored in 2006 after it had burned down and been abandoned for almost twenty years. although some elements of the original design have been changed and some of the newly added furniture is awkward, the overall impression is still of elegant simplicity. the location is a bit away from the city centre, but we didn't feel this was a major disadvantage as you mostly move around the city by taxi anyway. there is a gorgeous egg-shaped outdoor lap pool in the garden. service was excellent for brazilian standards. the price is unbeatable on weekends - we paid 165 reais. all in all, highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2012
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here for one night when visiting Brasília for a weekend. The main draw of the hotel is probably the fact that it was designed by Oscar Niemeyer and was one of the first hotels built in the city.

The building has a lovely 1960s retro-futuristic vibe and nicely caps off the Brasília/Niemeyer experience. The interiors of the hotel also feature modernist design and furniture, which is a very nice touch. Service was polite and efficient, but the only staff I encountered were the receptionists (though this may have been because it was a weekend). The hotel was quite empty and I got a very good deal online for a twin room over the weekend. The room was quite spacious, with a balcony. The hotel is very clean. The location is not very central, however it is adjacent to the Presidential Palace and only a ten minute taxi ride from the Praça dos Tres Poderes. The designated "hotel sectors" are quite dreary in comparison.

Overall I had a very good stay and would definitely return, especially if I can find as good a deal online as I did on this trip.

Room Tip: Keep the curtains drawn if you have an east-facing room; I was woken up very early by the glare of t...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Porto Alegre, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My husband and I spent one weekend at Brasilia Palace.
As usual, it was hot and sunny in Brasilia, so we were able to enjoy the pool - and that was great.
I've read some reviews complaining about no pool service and I can say that's no longer a problem. Polite waiters offered us whatever we wanted to drink and we were able to enjoy cool bevarages by the pool.
The room is also good (can's say great since they still have those huge tvs and the shower was not the best).
Breakfast was delicious.
We rented a car, which is a good idea being in Brasilia, since everything is far away, so the distance was not a problem for us, but the hotel is a bit far from downtown and in the middle of nowhere - but with a great view of the lake.
It's also a bonus that it's a historical building, with beautiful panels.
Overall, it's a very good choice, specially if you get a great deal for the room (we paid US$ 100)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We are two women travelers from USA who love modern architecture and specifically chose to stay here during our last night in Brazil. Upon arrival we were assaulted by their defunct sewer system and the large sewage hose & truck outside of our window. (It should have been a sign.) On the way to our new room - the halls were moldy and old smelling. We had internet challenges in our new room. Staff did not speak English very well so translating was difficult in both the hotel and the restaurant. When I left early the next morning, I paid for any extra charges (which took almost 30 minutes making me rushed for my international flight). I left behind my friend who had a later flight that night, who was sleeping in. My friend called and emailed me around noon (as I reached Panama and she was checking out) to inform me they had her "under house arrest" (with a guard shadowing her where ever she went) because THEY FORGOT to charge my credit for the room upon arrival the day before. I was thinking it was already charged online when I made the booking AND when I checked out at 3am paying any "balance" on the room. After several emails and phone calls the room was properly charged and my friend "released" in time to catch her int'l flight. Not the QUALITY of experience you might envision from a hotel of this so-called caliber. Recommendation: Drive by or walk through to see the masterpiece, then stay somewhere else, nearer the airport. (FYI - It cost 60 reais (about $40 US) to take a taxi to the airport.)

Room Tip: We stayed in 333 - two twin beds
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Brasilia Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!