“Appleton is great” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Athens Ohio USA
“Appleton is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Four of us stayed at the Franklin Street Inn recently - it was perfect. We had two rooms, one with an attached bath and one with the bath down the hall. The bath down the hall for the Lawrence room was large, bright, and wonderful, so that is the room i would recommend. We also had a peek at The Turret Room on the 3rd floor, which was fabulous if your budget allows. We loved the location, breakfast, hosts, comfortable beds, and everything about this place. While in Appleton, be sure to check out the large farmers market downtown on Saturday mornings!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

For a first time B&B experience, look no further. Judy makes your stay fantastic. Stayed in the Shangri-la room and it was gorgeous. The bed was fantastic. This set a very high standard for other B&B's to live up to. From the rooms, to the breakfast - all details were covered. The owners attention to every detail is obvious and she goes out of her way to make sure your needs are met. Well done.

Room Tip: Everything was wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Franklin street inn was a great experience. I had never stayed a bed and breakfast before and my time there was fantastic. It was clean ...the shangri-la room was gorgeous. The atmosphere was peaceful and calm. The staff were very courteous and polite....they alwaus made sure that everything was to our liking. If I ever need to spend a night in appleton..this is where I would go. We were 110% satisfied!

• Stayed July 2012
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

If your looking for a great get-away or just want to be pampered and relax all day look no further than the Franklin Street Inn. With uniquely styled rooms, excellent food, and tremendous service you will need to look no further. I was truly blessed by the owners who took their time each day to meet my every need. They found events for me to do in town, within walking distance. Their service went above and beyond my expectations. The Franklin Street Inn is a great Bed and Breakfast!

Room Tip: Just call and ask the owners to explain their various options. Also, look at the photos online. Th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I chose the Franklin Street Inn as the special place to spend our wedding weekend, and we loved it SO MUCH that we came back to celebrate our first anniversary, as well! Both visits were beyond compare! We travel A LOT, all over the world, and this place is unlike any other! If you're looking for that special, romantic place to spend a wedding night or any special occasion, you have FOUND IT!

- Amazingly Clean
- GREAT breakfast in the morning.
- Charming feel to the house and your room. You'll feel like you're right at home (your dream home, that is) instead of just some old hotel room.
- Incredibly sweet owners who will do everything they can to accommodate your stay. (They even remembered us after a whole year!)

The Franklin Street Inn has provided us with the most amazing memories to start out our marriage, and I know if you choose this lovely B&B for your special occasion, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Upon arriving at the airport in Madison, WI (over 2 hours away from the inn), I was informed that my drivers license had expired and I would be unable to rent a car to complete my trip. The innkeeper went above and beyond by driving all the way to Madison's airport to pick me up and drive me back to Appleton to her B&B! This was incredible considering that I had appointments set up for my stay and I would have had to cancel all of them had I not found a way to get to Appleton. Alternatively, I could have arranged for a courier/bus to transport me but at a ridiculous price tag. This kind of consideration would never be extended by the Holiday Inn or even many innkeepers. This inn has a heart!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here the night of our wedding. We felt very welcomed here and had a nice. night. The breakfast the next morning was excellent. We were glad we decided to stay at the inn and not at hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Franklin Street Inn, LLC? Share your experiences!