“A Place With Heart” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Diner West Wisconsin
3011 W Wisconsin Ave, Appleton, WI 54914 (Formerly West Wisconsin Diner)
+1 920-993-9418
Improve this listing
Ranked #165 of 294 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American
Wi
“A Place With Heart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I recommend a visit to the Diner. Breakfast is very good. The staff is 'home town friendly'. The meals are simply presented and are a great value. I have never been disappointed with a meal. The selection on the menu gives a very broad choice...I cannot imagine anyone failing to find something to fit his/her taste. I suggest you stop in, relax and have a second cup visiting with the wait staff and locals. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Love everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have been going here for years the ladys that always take care of me and my family always know what we want and it's great coming in and there able to know and remember that kind of stuff, they are very clean and great and kind service, I love the food and I advise anyone to go there and try it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Poor Quality. Expect a Heart Attack or Diabetes.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I are avid breakfast go-ers in the Fox Valley. We are constantly trying various breakfast places in the area, and are very rarely pleasantly surprised. While an 'Old Fashioned' Truck Stop is sometimes quite charming and tastes like a lovely home-cooked meal, this is absolutely NOT that kind of place. I ordered a scrambler, and once again we were dissappointed to find out that every single vegetable was from a can. Not only that, my boyfriend ordered blueberry pancakes expected something that resembled just that. What he received was a disgusting doughy pile of sadness topped with canned PIE FILLING. Yes, I understand breakfast should be budget-friendly, but this is 2013! Every breakfast restaurant should supply dairy-free creamers, and natural sugar. Trust me, they can all afford it and more customers will be around longer to pay for the healthy replacements. It's almost time for the end of mediocre and taste-less diners. Avoid this place at all costs. Trust me, there are much better places in the area to get breakfast, and will leave you feeling a lot less like dying.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Menasha, Wisconsin, United States
“Old Fashion Truck Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is just a hometown local diner that has the best breakfast and lunches. Great coffee, service is qucik. Eggs and bacon come hot off the griddle (I hate cold food) Large portions. Remember Mels diner with Flo a past sitcom on TV. Well this is Mels!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marquette, Michigan, United States
“Great choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited Appleton and wanted to stay away from chain restaurants. We are so glad we stopped here for breakfast. I could not get over how immaculately clean this diner was! The food and service were good and we felt very welcomed.

• Visited March 2013