“Relaxing Lunch Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Marathon, WI
“Relaxing Lunch Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My mom and I were visiting Appleton and after a busy day we were anxious for a treat. My mom really liked the variety she saw on the menu posted so we decided to stop. The atmosphere was very casual and relaxed. We sat in the outdoor patio and were nervous at first that no one saw us out there - but then our server came over! He was very friendly and engaged in conversation with us. My mom had the special - Chicken, Bruschetta on flatbread and she loved it! I had the turkey chive sandwich - also very good. My mom had a tasty Bloody Mary and I had the blueberry beer. Our lunch was very nice! My mom can be rather picky and she was really happy with everything! We also had an unexpected surprise as I checked us in on Foursquare and we got a free cup cake for dessert! YUM! I think our server's name was Jeff - and he again was very friendly and did a great job!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

CINCINNATI
“Husband thought it was OK but I thought it was marginal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was in the area and ate at this restaurant that is attached to the mall. There weren't many people in the restaurant - maybe that should have been a clue. We came for a light dinner so ordered the bruschetta appetizer and split the Mexican blackened chicken salad. My husband also had a couple of their beers. He liked the beer and the salad. Not special or great - but good. However, the blackened chicken had sooooo much seasoning that I could not eat it. I ate around the chicken because it was way too spicy for me. However, what we agreed on was that the bruschetta was bad. They hadn't toasted the bread or melted the mozzarella. Because they hadn't toasted the bread, it was soggy. NOT GOOD. I would have asked for it to be re-made by that makes my husband a little uncomfortable. There have to be better choices of restaurants in the area. On a positive note, the food wasn't expensive.

Visited July 2013
Philly
“Nice Selection in a Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I travel to the Appleton area regularly for business and the restaurant options can get a bit monotonous. The Fox River Brewing Company is one of the few places that feels like home - there are plenty of options that are not heavily fried or smothered in grease and cheese. All of the items I've had have been fresh tasting and well prepared, and the menu is diverse enough to please anyone in your party. The space is open and airy, and the service has been friendly and attentive.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houghton, Michigan
“Great beer, mediocre food, cheap atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I drove to Appleton with my family for a weekend to do some shopping. For some reason I lucked out and my wife said I could go grab a beer while she shopped. I found the mall map, and walked briskly to Fox River Brewing Co.

The place was busy and loud on a snowy February Saturday, around 3:00 pm. The atmosphere is pretty cold, with tall metal ceilings, tall tables, and a concrete floor. Bass-heavy 80s music and lots of conversation complete the theme. It's a mall after all.

Service was crisp and fast. A pint of Scottish ale arrived quickly and we perused the menu. It was early afternoon, between lunch and dinner, so we ordered the premium nachos with chicken and pico de gallo to share. The food came pretty quick too. The portion was huge, but liquid cheese drowned the crisp chips and soon they were mush.

After another excellent Scottish ale I forgot about the food. But the 80s music droned on. "Let's hear it for the boy..." That's 80s right? I'm getting too old for this.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Worth A Try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I ate here on a Busniness trip and I was not blown away but it was not bad. I had the white chicken chili and the walleye and both were ok. The service was good and there was a crowd so I assume most people were there for the beer. They had a large selection of house made beers. I will give this place another try on my next trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Food