“They food leaves something to be...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
WIsconsin
“They food leaves something to be...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

They food leaves something to be desired...we left England for a reason i guess

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Applecruzer
“More than just Adequate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

This restaurant is part of a company that has a number of 'specialty' restaurants in the Fox Cities of Northeastern Wisconsin. The owners have the knack for serving the NE Wisconsin palate exactly.

Six of us met there for supper last Friday, the place was jammed and lively. Yes, it's faux British and yes, the menu is not adventuresome or authentic pub food. But I would predict that an authentic British pub would fail in this part of Wisconsin because the food would be too 'strange.' As it is, if you're looking for substantial Wisconsin 'comfort food' served in a comfortable dark-wood toned atmosphere and don't expect too much from it, this is a good supper place.

To be more specific, we had an order of Onion Rings for appetizer that were melt in your mouth good. I don't recall if they had beer batter or not, but that would have been Wisconsin-typical. One of us had the London Broil which both looked appetizing and disappeared from his plate very quickly. The other five all had the Crabby Haddock, a Haddock filet in a white 'alfredo' sauce with crab meat in the sauce. It was on special for Friday and none of us regretted our choice, in fact, as an "all you can eat" entre' most of us had another serving. The real surprise was the vegetables we ordered as our side dish. The broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mixture were steamed to perfection and served hot. Believe it or not, one of our party ordered another side dish of just the vegetables!

None of us had any room for dessert when we left so we can't comment on that part of the menu. Our reservations were at 5:30 and when we arrived we did not have to wait. Had we been about a half hour later, we would likely have longer delay (especially for a party of six). We found their tap beers to be very good, especially the Smithwicks (Smithicks for those who know) and the Newcastle. Also, good Wisconsin beers in bottles (thinks Leinies). We would all go back to Beefeaters in a second, and take family or friends with no doubt that we would enjoy another great meal, by NE Wisconsin standards.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Appleton
“First time---last time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

I was very disappointed with the beer selection. Pathetic comes to mind. Mixed drinks quite weak. The salad was limp, rubbery and uninspiring. The London Broil was excellent---but the potatoes had to be sent back----they were less than even room temperature. Our guests also had to send theirs back as well. My wife's 'chips'--French fries were also cold and greasy.

Roll basket was quite good.

I was expecting more English fare---menu was quite typical/normal for NE WI---but they did have LONDON broil!!

Service was only 1 step above the food--- Empty beer and drink glasses remained and server did not clear dirty dishes until asked. Orders were mixed up in the kitchen as 2 of us had to exchange entrees and side dishes.

Quite disappointing overall.

WI
“Moldy Cake”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

The food was very tasty (had the crabby haddock special), however when it came to my dessert (had Lemon Berry Mascarpone Cake) I was disgusted. There was MOLD on it! Unfortunately, I didn't notice the MOLD until I tasted a very funny taste and then I decided to disect my cake. Lo-and-behold, what do I find but MOLD! It was awful and my mouth tasted like mold the rest of the night! I will NOT ever go back there.

Wisconsin
“Satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

My department went to Beefeater's for lunch for a coworker's birthday. After reading many of the reviews, I was "ready" for a less-than-desireable visit; I was pleasantly surprised.
We had a party of 9; everyone ordered something different, mostly salads or wraps. Our server was timely and friendly. The food was very good, and our orders were all correct (some of us had special orders - no cheese, dressing on the side, etc). Our drinks were refilled often and any requests for extras were taken care of quickly.