“Accepts Dogs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Racine, United States
“Accepts Dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I like staying at Best Western because I'm a rewards member. I have two small dogs, and its hard to find many hotels that take one dog, let alone two. It's $20/dog/night, so it can get a little expensive when I stay 2 or more nights. But overall, the hotel has great ammenities, food, and service.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Fox Valley Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! YES we do accept small dogs only. I just have to explain the $20 pet fee. When you, the guest stay in the room with your dog, and then ultimately check out, we have to super clean and re-clean your room for the next guest who may stay in that room and may have pet allergies. Unfortunately, the charges are for that along with some of the little buggers that chew or dig and do cause damage when left alone. Especially with the brand new remodeling that we have done.

Please do not let that change your mind when staying here! We love having you feel at home with your tail wager(s)

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

First, the lady had me sign the form acknowledging any charges for damages, it was like a grade school teacher warning me in a stern voice about their rules. I had left a special note as par t of my reservation that I would be arriving late. She announced "arriving after 9pm", I replied that I should have said after 10pm. I drove straight from Minneapolis after work. A long slog that I was willing to make with the promise of a hot tub and a pool once I got to the motel. I have stayed at two different Best Western motels in Wisconsin in the last couple years. Both had their pool area open on a Friday/Saturday night until 11pm or Midnight. I was shocked to see that the Appleton folks that run their Best Western close their pool area at 10:30pm. Want to take in an early swim or use the fitness center? Sorry, doesn't open until 9:30am. I quickly put on my swimsuit and tried to see how much pool/hot tub time I would be allowed. After all, there were a couple dozen people having a great time enjoying the amenities they paid maybe an extra $50 for, compared to the other budget motels with limited facilities. But now, exactly at 10:30pm, everybody was kicked out. The people who run this place would like their job if it weren't for these pesky paying guests. These people are cheapskates. Half the towels you would expect. No Showtime even though they left a schedule in the room. No guest directory. No channel listings for the TV. Cheap remote can't type in channel number (have fun when you have 80 channels). No shower curtain (seriously!) Never again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear about your troubles with the stay. When you made the reservation did you specifically state your wanting to use the pool and hot tub facility? If you did, the guest relations person making your reservation would have informed you of the pool hours.

I can not explain why there was no shower curtain. Again, if you noticed that was missing, immediately a call should have been made to the front desk for us to take care of right away.

Yes there is a Showtime movie channel booklet in all rooms. Unfortunately we have Time Warner Cable which has not come to an agreement with Showtime or even a local channel from Green Bay so they refuse to air those programs. The guides are left in the rooms because should Time Warner Cable begin to air Showtime at any time, we may not be aware.

We would like you to come back and stay with us in the future. All rooms to date have been completely remodeled with brand new wall-to-wall carpeting, brand new beds, bedding and flat screen tv's and within the last week we have begun renovating each bathroom in the guest rooms.

Thank you for your comment!
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was really very very happy with the help and attention I received during my stay. To begin with, since I flew overseas I ended up arriving somewhat early (11 am) when compared to the hotel check in time (3 pm). Take in consideration that I was travelling with my two year old son, so after about 13 hours of flight you're really looking for some rest time. I've to mention that 3 of the ladies that work there were just exceptional!!!! Although they had a full house, they went that extra mile and cleared a room for me in about ten minutes! In my opinion that is priceless! They were: Anne Marie (manager), Cristina (front desk) and the lovely Nikki (head of cleaning). I didn' t rate the hotel as excellent , since I feel some minor improvements can be made to the room I stayed like improving the room door safety lock, installing a table and supplying soap in the bathroom every day. Those, in my opinion, are just small details and what really matters are the persons that make all the difference.

Room Tip: I stayed away from the pool area to avoid any noise from kids playing in that area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay! You came during the crazy busy week of EAA...so when making your reservation I had stated to you that we would very much try to get you an early check in and with our team work we made it happen!

We look forward to having you stay with us again next year EAA!!

Chippewa Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel had very nice, clean and quiet rooms. The beds and pillows were comfortable and new. Friendly, helpful staff for late check in. The hot breakfast had a nice variety and the breakfast area was spacious. The pool area was very roomy and had an outdoor feel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the positive comment and taking the time to review your stay!

We look forward to having you come back anytime in the future to see more changes we have made to the hotel!

Evanston, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a clean and fully equipped hotel. The salt water pool is situated in a domed room full of space for children and adults. Video games are provided for the teens. However, I was a little disappointed with the room. I was unhappy to see a sign listing the price of each of the items in the bathroom in case you wanted to steal it! I didn't like the wall-mounted soap and shampoo (I guess this prevents some kind of theft). There were no extra blankets in the room, so I was chilled all night (we arrived late and nothing could convince me to call for service). There was no notepad and pen to jot down notes that I usually make at a hotel. The towels were small...not a problem if there are two per person (we fixed that the second night). Being already less than pleased, I was again put off by all the signs warning against removing any food or beverages from the breakfast kitchen. I don't usually see this. Sometimes, I enjoy walking to my room with coffee. I also sometimes need to bring food to my teenaged daughter who is not an easy riser. I was happy to see the sign saying that no guns were allowed inside! This hotel is in a college town and I expected more refined service. It is convenient for those visiting Lawrence University and hoping for reasonable rates.

Room Tip: If you don't mind all the nasty signs and no notepad, this is a good, clean hotel. We were far...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Fox Valley Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are always striving to make our hotel and staff better and better and it is comments like yours that really help us to improve.

The breakfast is served in the Restaurant area and that is where we would like to keep everyone with their food. The reason being is all of the guest rooms have just received all brand new carpeting, bedding, etc. In an effort to keep the rooms looking nicely, we are asking that guests please eat in the restaurant. Unfortunately when we allow guests to bring food back to their rooms, we have found food and beverages to be mashed into the carpeting, spilled on the counters, beds, etc.

Regarding the price listing of items in the rooms. For what ever reason people have, they do tend to remove, damage and destroy various items in the rooms. Our housekeeping department is responsible for supplying the items to each room. When a simple alarm clock is taken, it not does it cost to replace it, but also we have the time and expense in having to obtain the new items. Therefore, the "price list" is to deter people from removing items from the room.

We hope that you will return in the future as we continue to upgrade all of the rooms and our services.

Guest Relations Manager
Sheboygan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel was clean, pool area is exceptional with salt water, comfortable chairs and nice tables with umbrellas all in a central heated indoor open area with trees. Large selection for breakfast, many hot items.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to review your stay! It is our goal to make all guest stays be worry free as possible. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us again whether on business or pleasure!

Guest Relations Mgr
Ishpeming, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel saved us during a power failure in the area. The hotel we had booked had no power, we had a cranky toddler who needed a crib, etc , you get the picture. The room was spotless, pool area was awesome, breakfast was great. Thanks for saving our vacation!

Room Tip: Poolside room was quiet!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! WOW what a crazy few days we had following the 5-6 Tornadoes!! We were very happy that you were able to make your home-away-from-home stay with us as we did try to accommodate everyone's needs!

Thank you!

Guest Relations Mgr.

Been to BEST WESTERN Fox Valley Inn? Share your experiences!