“Beautiful hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
lansing mi
“Beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Pretty clean although they should use bleach on towels and bedding- make up stains etc... threw me off because the room is so sleek and upscale looking. The bedding- blankets are thin and surprisingly not the best. Big fluffy pillows... I expected comfy blankets to go with it. Overall a good hotel in a good location. Non smoking and pet free a big plus for biz travel on a weeknight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was picked for me by the company I work for and I assumed it would just be a regular basic hotel. I was so impressed by the helpful staff that had our itineraries and meal tickets ready for us, had the shuttle ready for us in the mornings, and even wished us a good day at work and welcomed us back at night. The whole hotel was really clean and the rooms had so much space and comfortable to come back to after a long day. I will always stay here when coming back to Appleton and look for Cambria Suites wherever I travel!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Trussville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Loved, loved staying here. On a family road trip and we splurged for the two king room, it was great to spread out and have multiple televisions. I definitely would recommend this place to any travelers to this area. The staff is wonderful as is the property itself. Clean, comfortable, definitely makes the top of my list.

Room Tip: Splurge for the double King room if you have more than 2 adults to a room - it is worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in town for the marathon. Upon arriving I learned that the shuttle from the hotel to the race wasn't running as it was described on the race website. Furious, I went to talk to the front desk. I spoke with Michael. He explained the error was on the race not the hotel and what happened. He explained the circumstances in great detail, apologized, and offered other transportation alternatives to me. Long story short, I went to the desk furious, and left happy. Michael's customer service skills are amazing. I asked him how long he had been managing the hotel. He chuckled and stated that he just started training and had been working for 1 hour. He is a great asset to the staff.

The rooms and the hotel itself were amazing. The rooms feel like apartments, not hotel rooms. The area is beautiful. The price in reasonable, although I wish the breakfast was not an additional charge. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Spiffy clean, roomy, well appointed hotel. Two flat screen TVs made for happy wind down time. Staff was friendly and helpful. Sports-type restaurant adjacent to hotel, had a varied menu and pleasent wait staff. We were told to mention the hotel, and received a discount on our guest check. The price was very moderate for the accomodations. the hotel appeared to be at capacity. However, we never heard outside noise; while in our suite. Due to the fact that Appleton was our home town, and we were attending a Class Reunion; it was perfect to be able to invite old friends to meet with us. No one had to sit on a bed, to visit. The mini-refrig and the service bar, was a definite advantage. I would highly recommend this Hotel, for business as well as pleasure. Sometimes, there is more to life than a free breakfast. The Cambria Suites offers much more than a cold do-it-yourself waffle, on a paper plate; it offers home away from home comfort. As FL residents, we definitely plan on checking out the Ft Lauderdale Cambria Suites before a Cruise in December.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We are staying tonight and tomorrow. Breakfast is not included; the cost is $8.95. It isn't a big amount, but for the three of us, it will add about $54. There is a constant loud, low roar in our room (We have a double king suite). We think it may be the air conditioning next door. It sounds like a train going by.

• Stayed September 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

It was a nice play to stay, and we got an incredible deal on the stay, but there were a few off details. When we checked in, we had to practically beg for details on where to park and how to get in the most convenient way. The pool was tiny, but the hot tub was awesome, and it's more of a business place, so I guess a tiny pool is to be expected. We were woken up at 9:00 am to someone unlocking our door and coming in. One would think the staff would have a system to keep track who had checked out.

Mary's Family Restaurant had great food close by, and the Shopko Express next door was great too! The room was incredible, with a small bathtub (not that big of a deal).

Room Tip: We just got the single bed king, it was nice! We were right next to the ice machine, and it didn'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cambria Suites Appleton? Share your experiences!