“Very nice facility. Friendly staff. Since I was in town...” 5 of 5 stars

You added WINGATE by Wyndham to your Saves list
WINGATE by Wyndham
1565 N Federated Drive, Appleton, WI 54913 (Formerly Ramada Appleton)   |
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Appleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Grafton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I decided to bring my wife and our youngest (3 yr old) to Appleton for mothers day weekend. We stayed at this hotel about a year and a half ago when it was the "Settle Inn". For what we payed for one nights stay this was an excellent hotel! The bathroom in our room was extremely nice and clean. The room itself was also clean. I agree with a previous reviewer that the Flat Screen TV size throughout the hotel was small. The bed for me was uncomfortable, however, I qualify that statement with the fact that I sleep on a TemperPedic at home with an adjustable base. The pool was nice and warm, although I think there was a soccer tournament in town because it was full of rambunctious teenage boys. The location of the hotel is also excellent as it is right on the north side of the mall. I will definitely stay here again as we come to Appleton about once a year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JenDeBauche, General Manager at WINGATE by Wyndham, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Good Afternoon JRay,

Thank you for your review. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to us with our new Ramada Brand. We have since upgraded out TVs to 42' Lg Flat Screens that look more proportional to our room size. In the near future we will also be upgrading all of our bedding and mattresses. We would love to have you back to get your feedback once the change has happened.

Thank you for your time.
Palatine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Overall the visit was just fine. The hotel is contemporary and spacious. So much so the much promoted "flat screen TVs" are out of place as they are very small in relationship to their placements throughout the hotel. The hotel decor is warm, inviting and offers plenty of space. Beds are a little soft, housekeeping, as stated in other reviews, seems a little lax. We had specific shower issues, and some miscommunication among staff resulted in the problem not being resolved until near the end of our stay, but the management team vowed to make it right and asked for mailing address before we left.

Free breakfast is typical of the level of a hotel. Area could be better arranged as bottle necks of people seemed to be everywhere and not enough seating based on the level of occupancy for this particular weekend.

Overall it was worth the rate and made for a reasonable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Msr63,

Thank you for your great review. Since your stay we have upgraded all of the TVs in our guest rooms. They are now 42' LG Flat Screen TVS and, may I say, they look awesome. Please come and see us again and give your feedback. We will also be upgrading out breakfast at the tail end of this year and have set in motion a great housekeeping action plan to improve our service.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had heard of this hotel from a friend so we stayed there this past weekend. Housekeeping did not clean our room during our stay. They didn't even empty our garbage, or take our dirty towels. I am almost 100% sure they didn't even step foot in our room. We ourselves had to go down to the desk to get towels and more cups. Isn't that the point of staying in a hotel is not having to do anything? I could have stayed home and had my own unlimited supply of towels and cups. While eating breakfast, which by the way was sub par at best, the table next to use was complaining to each other about the lack of housekeeping as well. Pool was okay, hot tub was very small. The younger girl working the desk around 2am had arranged a cab for us to take back from being out at The Bar, it was awesome to have a cab waiting just for us! She had also previously directed us to a great pizza place that delivered after midnight. The girl at check in, and the the girl working at 2am was amazing!! Housekeeping was not. Not sure if we will be back since we couldn't even get our room serviced the first time!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Justine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that we fell short of your expectations in our housekeeping department. Since then, we have rolled out a new housekeeping action plan and have remedied the situation. Your feedback was pivotal in this plan. I am also excited to tell you that we will be upgrading our breakfast at the tail end of this year. We will be added more of a selection. If there are any specific items you would like to see, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you again for your time.
Menasha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Another great stay. This crew is amazing. They always outdo themselves. I always stay here as the rates are great and the rooms are nice and new. I have started to notice a trend of the housekeeping has started to get a little sloppy. Not sure my sheets were changed and some things just appeared to not get cleaned too well. For me not a big deal as their customer service is what I value the most

• Stayed March 2013
Good Afternoon Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Ramada Appleton. We love to hear that our Customer Service is exceeding your expectations. We have since rolled out a new housekeeping standard based on your comments. Thank you for your part in that.

We hope to see you again soon.

Been to WINGATE by Wyndham? Share your experiences!