“First time--fair impression” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 316 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: German, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1967. Marks is a long time area favorite for lunch and dinner serving hand cut steaks, fresh seafood and award winning German fare. Come and relax in our well stock bar featuring a wide selection of liquor, beer and wine. Open 6 day a week, lunch Monday thur Friday and closed on Sundays. Hope to see you soon. Mark DoughertyOwner
Las Vegas, Nevada
“First time--fair impression”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We chose this restaurant over the other German one in town because Mark's has a good website and the other does not seem to have one. We had a reservation and only waited a few minutes before being seated. Service throughout the evening was prompt and thorough; our water glass were repeatedly refilled and the server asked several times if we had any requests.We started our meal with breadsticks and cheese on the table, but later a bread basket was delivered--we think either one would have sufficed or both brought at the same time because we had already had quite a few breadsticks.We then shared a sausage plate appetizer which was tasty and ample. My husband said his French onion soup was very good, his sandwich as well. Meals come with soup or salad; my liver dumpling soup was delicious and filling. My entree was roast duck but I would have liked just half of the wild rice and some steamed vegetables to complement the meat and rice. The duck was well-roasted so a bit tough and dry. The cranberry sauce was sweet so I didn't use it. Maybe some gravy to pour over the duck and rice could be offered as an alternative. All dinner portions were ample so we asked for take-home boxes. To be fair, I would have to try the restaurant again with another entree.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

appleton, wi
“The best food in the Fox Valley-Appleton Area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have been eating here for 20 years. Everything on the menu is excellent and I very highly recommend this place!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“One of the best in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This recently remodeled restaurant has good food served at reasonable prices. The staff is friendly and accomodating. I would recommend this restaurant for familiar dining or a special night out. Great afrench onion soup and hot bacon dressing!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ab1465
“Great place for a nice meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

We've been to Mark's many times; I think it's my husband's favorite restaurant in Appleton. They have good German food, seafood,and steaks. Make sure to get reservations if it's a weekend- the bar area fills up fast with people waiting for a table. A great local place to get a nice dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food for a good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I had heard good things about Marks. The food was very good, predominately German flair. The service was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere