“Yummy pizza with generous toppings” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #219 of 327 Restaurants in Appleton
Fairfax, Virginia
“Yummy pizza with generous toppings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

In addition to having a great name, this place has great pizza. Medium-thin crust, not greasy, generous toppings. For example, their chicken toppings are large trapezoid shaped white breast meat that you'd nornally only encounter in a pasta or salad. I was surprised that they did onot overwhelm or weight down the cust to create a structural integrity issue. The staff was very accomodating to my needs to carry out and constrain my portion size for 1 individual with a small hotel room fridge. This is the 3rd great meal I had in Appleton!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NEENAH
“Groupon enticed us in, food discourages us from returning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Staff is very friendly. We arrived at the bar during happy hour when drinks and appetizers are 1/2 off. Several nice craft beers on tap. After reviewing the menu, we decided to order the Friday fish for $15.99. Your choice of pan fried walleye, along with different preparation of perch or cod. Served with local breads and dipping oil, fresh vegetables- cooked and potato (real potatoes) of choice. As we were waiting, a waitress brought out a plate of bruschetta that was made in error. Bartender/server offered it to us at no charge. Bruschetta was delicious and turned out to be the best part of our meal. Our entrees arrived. I had ordered the pan fried walleye but received perch. I figured I may as well eat it instead of sending it back. Our fish was nice and hot, breading was bland. Vegetables were very crisp and bright, but lukewarm. Garlic mashed potatoes and Gorgonzola mashed potatoes were tasty, but also lukewarm. Tartar sauce was homemade, but more of a thin aioli. When asked about our food, we did mention to the bartender/server that the veggies and potatoes were lukewarm. Did not receive an offer to have these items taken back to be warmed. We asked for the bill and containers for our leftovers. We received the wrong bill but that was quickly rectified. This is a new venture that is need of some fine tuning and good reviews going forward before we would consider a return visit.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Neenah
“Good food for all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This new place is a godsend for westside residents or visitors staying near the airport. There are plenty of tasty options on the menu. The complimentary hummus dip is a great start, but I've also found their mussels appetizer with a mild sausage and tomato-y broth to be good and they definitely have the best spinach-artichoke appetizer in the whole area. I like the array of main dishes offered, but I cannot comment on all the special pizzas since I usually make my own. I do know they have a very thin crust, more like a flatbread crust. There are plenty of seafood choices, and several pasta choices as well. Desserts also are excellent, especially the tiramisu, and I don't think there's anywhere else in Appleton where the chef visits the diners! That's kind of cool. We have been there several times and plan to go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Martinsville, Indiana
“Oh. My. Not what I expected.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This restaurant is billed on the business card as: "Mediterranean Cuisine, Bar and Grill."
Mediterranean?
There's more to Mediterranean cuisine than an appetizer of calamari and smoked chicken on pasta.
This traveler did enjoy the half-price appetizer and drink (happy hour) but was actually surprised at the time it took after the appetizer to have the entree delivered.
In the interim, this traveler took a flyer on the "soup of the day" because it sounded interesting: a cream soup with sausage and herbs topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Well, the toasting of the seeds was not done right (needs to be done with some oil, not just relying on the oil from the pumpkin seeds to get the complete toasting)- and the seeds then tasted like stale pumpkin seeds.
The chef (?) came out to see if all the diners were happy with their meals, and this traveler said that the chicken did have a smoky flavor. But it appears that this was "smoke flavor" added, not smoked chicken. This dish- with a few mushrooms and a few dried tomatoes, was actually very taste-less. The amount of grated cheese was not sufficient to perk this dish up.
Think, fellow travelers- when was the last time you considered adding salt to a pasta dish?
The Bloody Pirate (Bloody Mary made with rum) was good, needed a little more rum, and had an odd substitution for the celery- a dill pickle.
Service was good and friendly, but again, the delay in getting the entree was noticeable.
This traveler will not return, but rather look for another restaurant with lamb and a full range of Mediterranean dishes.

• Visited October 2013