“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been to Good Co several times. Really the only reason we go back is because it is so close to the Performing Arts Center. It is usually busy on evenings when there is something going on at the PAC so I would get reservations if you are on a tight schedule. The food is pretty lack luster. There is a good variety of things to choose from and over the years I have had several different things all of which were ok at best. The sevice is always good, and it is always clean too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Wisconsin
“Enjoyable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have been to Good Company in Appleton a number of times over the years. I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to going here on our most recent visit because I have had food here that has been average to poor, but because of its location we decided to give it a try. The restaurant is in a good location on the corner of College Avenue near the Performing Arts Center. The inside is quite large with two levels and uniquely decorated. They take reservations which is also a plus. Our group of four was pleasantly surprised with our food! The menu has a wide selection. We had a range of salads, chicken alfredo, and a wrap that was ordered. All was good. Our server was also very good & attentive to our table even though it was a busy night. We will definitely return based on this most recent experience here.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Appleton, Wisconsin
“The waiter made the visit memorable, food did not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is an unique building that has housed this restaurant for a long time and has a good following and I am not sure why. The food is average but nothing great. My most recent visit was prior to attending an event at the PAC which is located just down the block. It was very busy but we had reservations and were seated without delay. The service was the best I have experienced in a long time. The waiter was personable and very efficient - running up and down the stairs and between tables, and still checked on us, refilled drinks, and made us feel taken care of. One of the party ordered salmon which when served was raw in the middle but he returned it and the bill was adjusted with no problem. The salads were very good but the entrees were just average. Drinks were good - great Bloody Mary.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“The Snickers Chimichanga saved this review!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

In all this place was average until I tasted their Snickers Chimichanga... Yes, a Snickers bar wrapped in tortilla and fried, topped with hot fudge, peanuts, whipped cream and vanilla ice cream!!! To die for (kind of wished I didnt split it with a friend!) But since I ordered food first i was full from that. I had the French Dip and fries, a few friends had the Three Amigos ( a sad looking Chimichanga, taco, and enchilada) I didnt think it was authentic but thats just me... another friend had the alfredo pasta- it was huge and the Turtle Cheese cake which also looked awesome.
Our server was not the best. She was kind of rude when asked questions about the specials and basicly told us the look at the menu.. She also did not seem enthused about the size of our group or that we needed separate checks but c'mon, your near a convention center! You have to expect this to happen. She also was not very good at refilling drinks (and considering the guys were drinking beer she should have been on top of that!)
The buliding was neat and in a good location. The menu had a ton of stuff but I'd stick with the American food because the Mexican and Italian foods looked kinda sad...

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Mequon, Wisconsin
“Great Service / Fun Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went there on recent Friday night. The service was great- even for our party of 8. Excellent Friday perch fish fry.

Visited February 2013