“Best Hotel in Appleton Wisconsin” 5 of 5 stars

CopperLeaf Hotel
300 W College Ave, Appleton, WI 54912   |
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
New London, Wisconsin
“Best Hotel in Appleton Wisconsin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

The Copperleaf Hotel is the best kept secret in Appleton Wisconsin. This wonderful boutique hotel has the best most beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, and best service I've ever had in the Appleton area. The hotel is clean, modern and very well appointed.
Hotel Amenities
BenMarNico's
• Adjacent Restaurant:
Black & Tan Grille

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Thank you for your kind words about the Copperleaf. However, I hope you'll help us to "not" be the best kept secret. Tell your freinds,family and business associates! My team and I would love to have the opportunity to serve them all!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Great Hotel, decent prices. Located downtown near another famous hotel which houses the team who plays against the Packers. Very good breakfast, more than continental. Rooms were clean, large, temperature controlled, green. The bed was comfortable. The hot tub was great! Refrigerator with items to be purchased under lock and key. Microwave there. A big screen TV in the living room and a big screen in the bedroom over the fireplace. Very reasonable. Under $200.
The restaurant downstairs was too expensive for what we got. Limited menu. Everything was over $25.00. Martini's $9.00
Lambeau stadium is about a half an hour away. Great place to stay for a packer game.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I'm pleased to see you and your family enjoyed the many ammenities of the CopperLeaf and you perceived the hotel to be a value. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Lambeau Field and that your team won. (Admittedly, I am a Packer's fan so I hope the Packer's were your team of choice!)

I'm sorry you believed the restaurant to be overpriced. The Black & Tan is an upscale restaurant where we strive to offer our guests a memorable dining experience with a high level of service and quality entrees. That being said, check us out in a few months as we are planning what we believe will be very pleasant and exciting changes.

I hope we can expect you for a return visit!
Neenah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Enjoyed a couples retreat package! The Spa is first rate! Staff friendly and polite! Hotel is first rate! Quiet,clean and Superb facilities! Excellent Service!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
My team and I are so very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for complimenting the Spa, hotel facilities and the excellent service provided by the staff! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

This is a very nice boutique hotel centrally located in downtown Appleton. The rooms are very comfortable nice, clean and nicely furnished. Good fitness center. Complimentary breakfast with standard self-service fare. Biggest issue was thin walls - loud neighbors interrupted sleep twice during the night. Shower water pressure average. Staff not particularly friendly, but adequate / professional. Value was good - would likely return, but try for a quieter area of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Feedback from our guests is essential in helping my team and I improve and make visits for our future guests pleasant and memorable.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed most of the amenities of the hotel however, was sorry to learn of you disappointment regarding “noise”. Please accept my apologies. Generally speaking, noise from other rooms or guests isn’t a problem considering the majority of our guests are single business men and women during the week and couples staying for romantic getaways on the weekend. However, like any hotel, we are exposed to the possibility of disruption from guests who simply may be disrespectful and become unreasonably loud. If a situation like that develops at our hotel, or any hotel, please call the front desk so that we can make the effort to get the situation under control. I can surely understand your disappointment considering you were awaken from your sleep.

I appreciate you noting the staff was professional yet did not meet your expectation of friendliness. This is not typical of the level of freindliness regularly provided by our team. However, I will surely share your comments with my team members to make them aware of your experience. Our desire is to at least meet our guests' expectations and we will continue work toward that goal.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I stayed here for a wedding in October 2010. We had heard good things about it and ended up not being impressed at all. We tried to order room service the first night - called at 9:55 and they wouldn't take our order because they closed at 10:00. I didn't push it because I didn't want saliva in my food. The next morning we went down to the continental breakfast. I was expecting something nicer..... it just seemed cheap. We went upstairs thinking of ordering breakfast to the room.... not a surprise that no room service until the afternoon.

Save your money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2010
Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at the Copperleaf. My team and I strive to continuously provide personalized service and comfortable, elegant accommodations as our goal is to earn your loyalty as a return customer. I am sorry to learn we did not meet your expectations during your visit and regret this experience has tainted your impression of the CopperLeaf and my team.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties encountered with room service. The hotel's room service is provided by the Black & Tan Grille. The Black & Tan is operated by management other than the hotel’s however, we work very closely with them and have forwarded your comments to the restaurant manager. The level of service and quality of product from both the hotel and the restaurant are reflective of each other. This being the case, both the management of the Black & Tan Grille and the CopperLeaf Hotel want to be sure we are putting forth every effort to exceed our mutual guests’ expectations. In an effort to prevent a reoccurrence of this disservice, I have asked that they maintain their hours of service as outlined in the hotel’s guest service directory. Thank you for your feedback and allowing me the opportunity to discuss this with our business partner.

I also noted your comment regarding the daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I am always interested in any suggestions from our guests that would identify specifically what they might like to see on our breakfast buffet. The current fare includes scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bacon, breakfast burritos, prepared omeletes and french toast, muffins, Danish, Kringles, fruit breads, bagels, English muffins, apple and orange juice, cereals, cut fruit, whole fruit, yougurt and more. The muffins, fruit breads, Danish and Kringles are all purchased fresh daily from our local Manderfield's bakery. All items are served on china plates with silverware and glassware. I can appreciate that our breakfast offering may not match everyone's taste and desires but we will continue to strive to meet the expectations of the majority of our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed at the Copperleaf as a fun one-night getaway. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean, and modern. The room was comfortable and everything was very clean. Even though the hotel was full, we did not hear any noise overnight. The only disappointment was the breakfast. When will hotels finally provide real eggs? For a boutique hotel, I was surprised that breakfast was not any better than any other hotel. Bummer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to see that, overall, you were happy with your stay at the CopperLeaf. I am sorry the complimentary breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations. I'm not sure I understand the comment about "real" eggs as the scrambled eggs we offer are real eggs. I am going to assume you may have been interested in something like omelets, or eggs made to order. At this time, we don't have the space and operating equipment to accommodate such a request. In the meantime, we will continue to solicit our guests' feedback and work to make our complimentary breakfast buffet an offering that will meet the expectations of the majority of our guests.

Thank you again for your response.
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

This is an extremely attractive, safe, comfortable boutique hotel. Have stayed twice visiting son at Lawrence University, and couldn't be more satisfied.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to CopperLeaf Hotel? Share your experiences!