“All but "licked my plate clean!"” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 315 restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in historic downtown Appleton, Wisconsin, Cena features exposed brick walls, wood flooring, and a pressed tin ceiling. The building was designed by famed Wisconsin architect William Waters.
“All but "licked my plate clean!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The restaurant and menu are eclectic from the exposed brick wall to the ever changing choices. It's a small menu but every selection is well thought out. The plate presentation is superb and the wine selection matches up well.

I picked the Pork and Beans for my selection. A childhood throwback? Only in name as this meal is for the adult set (although some kids might like it too). A pork medallion perfectly seared layer upon a bean Ragu with Frenched green beans on top. The pork was covered in a honey mustard glaze which worked well with the Ragu and accented the pork. I not only ate the pork, Ragu and green beans...I used my last bite of pork to gather up the sauce on my plate leaving it completely empty! Go and try this restaurant...you'll. go back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Excellent food and presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went based on the reviews and it was a good choice. Myself and my wife really enjoyed it. It was for our anniversary and it was nice. The appetizer was excellent and soups of day marvelous.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Best Chef in the Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

There are a handful of upscale restaurants in the Valley to get a good meal, but Cena's is my very favorite. The chef, I'm sorry I don't know his name, is a young guy with a great team to support him. He is a very hands-on chef. We know this, because the kitchen is visible through a pass-through window.
This food is ALWAYS excellent. In fact, if I have the chance I could eat there once a week: sometimes I do:)
The appetizers are great, but the meal is plenty to fill us up. I have a hard time ordering anything but the beef short ribs, as they are soooo tender and everything he puts with them is out of this world. His nightly specials are always wonderful.
You cannot go wrong with this place. What a great way to start or end an evening at the PAC!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, Virginia
“Best food in Appleton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you're in Appleton this is the only place to eat! I would go back there in a heartbeat. Cocktails, food and service were all excellent.

Visited December 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Best Upscale Food in the Fox Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is an amazing place! The food is out of this world, service is excellent, and the staff makes you feel like VIP guest.

• Visited September 2012