“"CLASSY UPSCALE HOTEL"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Wausau, Wisconsin
“"CLASSY UPSCALE HOTEL"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I am a frequent buisness traveler who stays at many hotel properties. This place tops the charts. Very modern and state of the art technologies. Very clean hotel. Excellent location. Close to the airport with free shuttle. Close to mall and restaurants. All walking distance. Very safe area. Well lit in the evening. Comfy beds with great linens. Nice flat screen TV. Breakfasts are very good and again, a thumbs up. The gym is well equipped and very clean. I appreciate the great buisness center. Very friendly and accomodating staff. I just love this trendy hotel. I will stay here whenever I visit Appleton, WI Evelyn K

Room Tip: I have stayed on both floors. I like the first floor to be close to the buisness center.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We strive to provide a fantastic business atmosphere here. With the airport close by and the mall nearby for something to do, it makes it perfect for business travelers to be able to enjoy themselves. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We live about a 5 hour drive from my parents, and Appleton is a good meeting spot for a family weekend visit. We booked two rooms - one for my parents and one for my family of 3. We love the look of this hotel, and we found the rooms to be clean, comfortable, and spacious. My son and father enjoyed the pool. I ran on a treadmill in the fitness room. The equipment was great and the temperature in the gym was just right. The location of this hotel is perfect for those who like to shop and/or eat! Fox River Mall is walking distance from this GrandStay Hotel & Suites. Several of the usual chain restaurants are located in and around the mall, but there are also great locally owned eateries in the area. Breakfast, was a welcomed treat and they had everything you could ever want to eat! We’re coming back!

Room Tip: We have stayed several times over the past year and have never had a bad room yet. As far as i can t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and we are glad your Family enjoyed their stay! I know how important it can be to have a comfortable place to stay when away from home, and we are thrilled to hear we met your expectations! Hopefully your parents had fun visiting with you here at the hotel and enjoyed the pool! It's a good place to spend time and relax with family, while having plenty to do in the area!! Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Very Nice Property.
The rooms were the cleanest in any hotel I have ever been in.
The business center was great.
The free breakfast was a notch above the best.
A great hotel to stay for either business or shopping as the mall is only
a block away. Great Great Great Hotel

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your wonderful response! We are glad you found the hotel to be trendy. We put a lot into the hotel in order to make it as modern and up to date as possible for our guests. We were glad you enjoyed the breakfast and business center as well. As new things come out, we will continue to adapt in order to be the trendiest hotel in Appleton! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Lena, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I traveled to Appleton for a recent business meeting. I stayed at the GrandStay while my colleagues stayed at a local competitor. My colleagues were envious when they entered the lobby to pick me up! This facility has been recently updated. The fresh decor and cleanliness is impressive. The staff is extremely friendly and will go out of their way to help make your stay a good one. This hotel is locally owned and operated. The owners are sincere when they strive to exceed your expectations. I will recommend this facility for future business events and weekend stays.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to provide an experience that could be envious by your colleagues! We hope to see you again soon!
Shawano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to find a coupon through a local business for a discount to stay at the Grand Stay Hotel in Appleton WI in January of 2012 and we just loved it!! The hotel is beaufifully decorated, rooms/bed very comfortable and the staff could not have been nicer!! The hot breakfast with eggs/sausage and great coffees/creamers was a bonus. We also loved the pool/hotub area. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all your kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Also it's great to here you found one of our coupons! Don't forget to check Trip Adviser periodically to find good deals that we frequently post on there! Again thank you, and we hope to see you soon!
Merrill, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My family and I traveled to the Appleton area a couple of weeks ago. We stayed here for the weekend and loved it. They have a nice pool area for the kids to play in and the rooms were very quiet and comfortable. The thing I noticed the most was the cleanliness of our room. Everything was in tip top shape and it seemed like we were the first occupants of the room. I love that feeling. All too many times I see spots that the house cleaning crew missed and it makes the entire room feel dirty.
Mind you, this is the second time I've stayed here in less than 3 months. The first time was by myself on business. There's a nice little lounge are downstairs by the lobby that serves drinks and there are some tv's down there for you to relax after a day of boring meetings.
All in all, the staff was courteous and professional. The location is ideal for business and pleasure and the rooms were nice and clean!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thanks for your kind words toward our housekeeping staff. They do a fantastic job and it's nice to hear that from others. It's also nice to hear that you've made GrandStay a regular stop in the area. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Cadott, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I was impressed with how clean and friendly they are. Especially Erin! She made us feel at home and was very approachable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your comment. I will pass on the praise to our wonderful front desk staff. They do a fantastic job of making our guests feel right at home!

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall? Share your experiences!