“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Appleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have always been a fan of the Microtel brand. Typically, this brand offers a good value for an enjoyable experience. Although, the strange TV placement (brand standard) is slightly annoying. I skipped breakfast, but did partake of the Jacuzzi, which the front desk staff was nice enough to allow me to use after it "closed" for the evening. I did check in pretty late in the afternoon.

As far as other hotels in the brand go I would rate this a 3 out of 5. The location is good and there is much to do very nearby, including the Fox Valley Mall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denise M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Microtel Inn & Suites. It is guests' like you who help us to improve our hotel operations.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to taking care of any future accomodations you may need while in the Appleton area.

CHARLESTON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Arrived and almost broke my neck kn the parking lot because of all the ice. I had a reservation so I went to check in. The young man at the desk did not seem very knowledgeable. There was a closed circuit tv at the desk and one of the areas it scanned was the hot tub. Who wants to be watched in the spa? CREEPY! We went up to our room on an elevator that I wasn't sure would make the trip. When we got to our room it was old and ugly looking. No fridge or microwave, not even a coffee maker. Made another trip to the car (because we were planning on being there a week) and now the desk persons friends were hanging around. When I got back to the room I got on line to see what my options were. I discovered that there was a Howard Johnson down the street that had a vacancy. I promptly made a weeks reservation there and checked out of the Microtel. It was a big hassle to have to move all our luggage again but it was worth if not to have to spend anymore time in that place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Denise M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Microtel Inn & Suites. I am sorry it was not up to your expectations. I am sorry that you felt uncomfortable with the monitoring of the whirlpool area. This is standard practice in all hotels that have pools/whirlpools and is first and foremost for the safety of our guests. Even Howard Johnson's monitors their pool/whirlpool area. We do have rooms that include the microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, however, those are our Suites. I would suggest reserving that type of room for future stays as it would've accomodated your needs. Once again I am sorry you were displeased with the Microtel, but I am happy that you found accomodations at another Wyndham property in Appleton.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly with excellent customer service, especially the General Manager! The king-size bed room was huge and came with a microwave, refrigerator, and a coffee maker. It even had a counter with a sink in it and cabinets to store things in. It was like a little home away from home. The feather down comforter was very comfortable, as well as the soft pillows. I didn't want to leave the bed, that's how comfortable it was! The breakfast was great with a variety of things to eat, even waffles you could make yourself. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great stay on a budget.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Denise M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and accomodations! We look foward to accomodating your future stays while visiting Appleton. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

this hotel is an excellent value. We got it for 29 dollars for a queen room. The breakfast is good for a continental breakfast, the staff are pleasant, and the rooms are clean. What more can you ask for, especially at that price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton? Share your experiences!