“Great rate, great quality, great location, great service!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
“Great rate, great quality, great location, great service!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

The girl that I spoke to when I called to make my reservation was very helpful. I was coming in for a funeral and she made it as smooth as it could be and took a big worry off my chest. We needed an extra rollaway bed and she had it waiting in our room for us when we got there so we could go right to bed, as we got in Appleton at about 3:45 a.m. and were very tired. She was great!!!

• Stayed January 2013
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the good review. I always enjoy sharing all of the reviews with the staff. This will definitely put a smile on everyone's face today. Thank you again for the smile. Please stay with us again when you come back to the area. I hope you enjoyed your time in Appleton, Wisconsin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Room was very clean. The heating system worked great (it was January) and was quiet. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I requested a room as far away as possible from hwy. 41 and got it. Room layout was great as I need desk space and outlets for my computer, phone and accessories. Will definitely keep Extended Stay America-Appleton on my must check list the next time I am in need of a room.

Room Tip: Rooms on west end of hotel are the furthest from Hwy. 41and still have easy access to parking.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have stayed here on a few occasions while doing business in the Appleton area. Have had great service, the rooms are always good, great location. Fits the bill each and every time. I would recommend this hotel to friends anytime.......

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed at this particular hotel over the past few months. I would rate as excellent bang for the buck. Have not had any issues whatsoever with management or maintance. I had three minor issues with my room over the three months I have been here, all of which were resolved within minutes by management and maintenance.

The hotel is kept up very well. and the overall atmosphere is good here. It is close to the best mall in town and to major grocery stores which is a big plus.

I plan on staying here a while longer and would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Appleton area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have stayed at many hotels over the years, but have never experienced Management having screaming matches behind the front desk, having to pay for free amenities, infestation of bed bugs, filthy carpets in halls and rooms, the AM running the hotel while GM is no where around, pipes bursting and no professional plumber is called but nothing is Done until maintenance comes in on next scheduled day, AM decides who is to be treated good and who is to be treated with hostility, AM taking home cases of new supplies-bedding-towels-etc, adults told not to "loitered" in lobby and told to " Go to their room" like naughty little children, and much more. The drugs are not contained to the customers, one new staff showed bare breasts on several occassions to male guests while other guests are ignored. Then we're shown a document that one of Management is convicted felon who was convicted of dealing drugs more than once. Then to top it off, the heating units are old and maintenance does not know how to repair, so it's a gamble whether they will heat the room or start on fire. I would not have believed that any of this could be true, but having witnessed all of it during my stays here the last few months has totally made me decide never to stay here again.

Room Tip: Beware of bait and switch. Front rooms on west side are best. Only rooms on 1 st floor are kept in V...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that there was a breakdown in these areas. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

The hotel is currently being refreshed to better accommodate our guests. This includes changing out items like mattresses. I am sorry if this led you to believe that there was an in-house problem, which is not the case. As well, our Maintenance team has an extensive knowledge of maintaining the hotel. While we did experience an issue with the pipes at one point and the HVAC's were emitting a slight odor due to them being turned on for the first time this season, the problems were fixed in a timely fashion. In addition, I can assure you that myself and the members of my team would never take anything from the hotel. When items become frayed or past the point of repair, they are taken to the local homeless shelter. It is our way of giving back to the community.

It is not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Please contact me anytime to discuss any concerns you have so that I may address them immediately, and/or advise you to what is occurring. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

You couldn't ask for a more courteous, caring staff than that of the Extended Stay in Appleton! They truly make you feel more like family than just a customer. Any issues that arose during my stay were promptly addressed and to my satisfaction. It really was a home away from home! I would stay there again in an instant and I highly recommend ESA to anyone staying in the Fox Valley area.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, January 9, 2013

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at the Extended Stay America in Appleton WI for a graduation. Beyond our expectations for such a reasonable price! Full kitchenette with all the ammenties. Staff was very nice and friendly. Very quite motel. Close to shopping and dining. Clean comfortable rooms that were quite large, not the usual "tiny rooms". We will definitley be returning to this establishment for all of our trips to the Appleton area!! Would recommend this motel to anyone who wants outstanding service and a wonderful overall experience!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for the great comments on the hotel. It is especially nice you recognized one of our staff members. That is always a great thing for the employees to see. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Been to Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities? Share your experiences!