“Good room for the money” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3920 West College Ave, Appleton, WI 54914   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Appleton, WI
“Good room for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but for the money it's a good deal. It's clean and in a very safe area (can be said of all of Appleton, WI). The rooms are a good size, and the heat/air works well. The area around the hotel is good for walking your dogs.

Room Tip: Don't get on the highway side.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Auburn, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I own a hot shot trucking company and travel all over the country. We plan our stopping point for the evening based on whether or not the city has a LaQuinta Inn. We will not stay in any other hotel chain. Typically, LaQuinta Inns are very nice hotels for the money. NOT THIS ONE! When making the reservations I was confused about there being two LaQuintas right next to each other. One was cheaper so I booked the room there. I NEVER imagined that one LaQuinta would be nice and the other one would be a DUMP. We arrived at 6:10 p.m. and were greeted by a lady who looked like she just rolled out of bed in a nasty old hotel uniform with her name tag upside down. We waited while she tried to find us a clean room at that time of evening. Once we got our keys and were headed to our room I knew we were in trouble. There were cars in the parking lot with broken windows and tarps over them. People lived there and were hanging out in the parking lot. Upon closer inspection the outside of the hotel was beat up and worn looking. The room was old and out of date. The carpet was stained and the shower was brown. We did not feel safe. We spent the night but left immediately the next morning without taking showers. I hope I don't have this experience with LaQuinta Inns again. Pay the extra money and choose the other LaQuinta!!

Room Tip: My tip for the best room....Run don't walk from this hotel!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

The hotel smells bad, and needs major remodeling. I was given a room with a shower even though I asked for a tub. My bathroom was kind of dingy. The A/C worked well, though, and it was over 90 all 3 days I was in Appleton. Wireless internet is free, but unreliable. Staff was polite. Also the building I was in had no elevator.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

New I was in trouble the second I got to my door. Four teenage kids hanging by the door drinking a 12 pack of Busch and smoking. Walls are paper thin, I called the front desk at least 3 times complaining of noise. Got quiet for 5 minutes but started back up. Pathetic.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Got a great deal for two nights via Travelocity. Room was large and clean. TV was older, but it wasn't a big deal. Front desk service was great. Got a call after check in to see if everything was satisfactory! Very quiet and great location.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Flat Rock, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stayed here for one night and I will not stay there again. Walked into our room and I thought it looked ok at first, just old. The sink/counter area was full of hairs, which was gross! The bathroom floor had hairs on it and so the did the tub. The toilet paper holder was about ready to fall off the wall and the bathroom was really old. The bathroom had the stucco looking type of paint and it looked like the walls have never been cleaned. Brown stuff on the wall (probably old cigarette smoke residue). Took a shower and there are no exhaust fans in the bathroom so the steam from the shower set off the smoke alarm. Had to open the door to the room for about 15 minutes to let the cold air in. We did call maintenance but when he came up the alarm had shut off. The tv in the room was really bad and about 30 years old.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern Wis.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Just came back from a three night stay here and it was a good stay. Yes the property is an older one but they are continiously making renovations.

We had a room with a King and it slept better then a few of the more or should I say very expensive chain hotels.
Also had a refrigerator that worked and kept items cold like they should. Yes you have to go up a flight of stairs, but what is a little excercise.

Breakfast was decent very good coffee, waffles, hard boiled egss and pastries from strudels to bagels with cream cheese.

Noticed a lot of airline personnel frequent the property for their overnight stays.

All and all unless your the type that wants everything on a golden platter, this place is great for the money spent and that s the bottom line.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Appleton Fox River Mall Area? Share your experiences!