“Friendly staff and a very comfortable room.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Friendly staff and a very comfortable room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Hampton Inn rooms seem to always be a great design for comfort. Our room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff made us feel welcome. The hotel is a short walk to the Machine Shed. A plus to our stay was the price was better than other hotels in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Hello Scaltoid - Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel! I am glad that you found everything so enjoyable. I appreciate the feedback and hope you'll choose us again the next time you are in Appleton! Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Euclid, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff were extremely friendly and you could tell that they took pride in doing their job. The room was one of the cleanest rooms that I have ever stayed in. It was white glove clean. The breakfast had an assortment of cereals, yogurts, muffins and waffles. The eggs were nothing to write home about. I think they use powered eggs and they always come out dry. The bed was extremely comfortable except for the pillows which tended to flatten out and get hard. Other then the eggs and pillows it was a very nice stay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Linda - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel! I appreciate the feedback about the high quality of cleanliness in the rooms. That is what we aim for, and I will be sure to pass this along. Thank you for the feedback on the pillows and eggs as well. I hope you'll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to Appleton! Thanks!
Mt Horeb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The staff at the Hampton Inn Appleton went above and beyond our expectations!! We stayed at this hotel for a youth baseball tournament in July 2012. They allowed us to use the continental breakfast area for both nights we were there so that we could do potluck dinners for our team. The front desk staff were always helpful and kind and made our visit an awesome experience!! It was a very clean and comfortable hotel with an amazing continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello Nancy - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel! I am glad to hear you found our hotel so accommodating while you were here for the baseball tournament. We really appreciate the feedback, and we hope your team will stay with us again if they return next year! Thanks!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

There is not a lot of range between Hampton Inns, so it hard for one to distinguish itself. This one does a lot of things well. There are always plenty of cookies at the front desk in the afternoons. At more Hamptons than would like to admit it, cookies are out for only an hour or so. That to me, is the first signal of a skimpy, penny-pinching Hampton.

Not here--the cookies are put out early, in several varieties, and are there until late.A good sign everything else will be as it should be.

The little rubber duck decorating the towels in the bathroom is a nice touch you don't typically see. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was well done. The pool and whirlpool were clean and well maintained, and it was nice to see they had both.

I found not just a bottle of water awaiting me in my room, but a bag of snacks as well. These are things that exceed the Hampton standard.

There are only two things that prevent this Hampton from getting 5 stars. On the east side of the building, where I was, there was a lot of traffic noise from the interstate. I would recommend getting a room on the west (even numbered) side. The other negative was no refrigerators (or microwaves) in the rooms. When I stay overnight I don't care about a fridge, but when I am there a couple of days, having a refrigerator is a real convenience. I heard another guest asking at the desk about a refrigerator, so this is probably something many people would like.

Room Tip: Choose an even numbered room to be on front (western) side, away from interstate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hello Michael - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! I appreciate the compliments about the cookies and the rubber ducks. Thanks for the feedback about the highway noise and the refrigerators as well. We hope you'll choose us again the next time you are in Appleton! Thanks!
Alvord, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had the good fortune to stay at the Hampton Inn Appleton and must say what a wonderful property it is, close to everything airport, a mall beautiful downtown and the highways with easy on and off access. I was there with my wife whos father was very ill, this location allowed her to come and go as needed and I did the same. The property was so well kept that it was impressive.
The staff however is the real plus factor here they were just unreal so ready to lend a hand and to help in anyway that they could. I also noted that the property GM is one of the most personable I have ever met and was going out of his way to assit guests in anyway that he could, I have travled the world and this is not the norm for a GM. I would and will direct anyone and everyone to this hotel knowing that they will recieve the best of care and service.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and found that it was nice and quiet, looking out over the back parking...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hello Rick - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel! I am glad to hear our staff was so accommodating. We are just thankful we could be of assistance while your family was here dealing with an illness. Thanks!
Evansville, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here recently while in town for a wedding. Although the room was extremely small for two adults and two teenagers, we enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, as was the pool area, which we had to ourselves for several days since we arrived mid-week. The staff was extremely accommodating, and responded to every request, even making suggestions for activities and area restaurants. The only real downside was the room size, which led to extreme crowding; however, since we only slept in the room, we managed. Would stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms are small; two people max. Anything else is very crowded.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello Lysentia_Jade - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us! I appreciate the positive comments and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us when you came for a wedding. Thanks for the feedback on the room size as well. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Appleton! Thanks!
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Upon arriving early, we we're greeted and allowed to check in early! Not being familiar with the area due to our first time in appleton, we we're given valuable information to make our stay very comfortable! We we're able to be shuttled to college avenue and Tim was very helpful! We ate at a place downtown called Victoria's! In the evening, we we're able to step out and walk to a restaurant called the Machine Shed, also very good! However, the best was the breakfast the Inn overed, the breakfast continental! The staff was very receptive and asked how the breakfast was, which in deed was very, very good with lots of choices! The room was very clean and comfortable and felt safe at all times! Loved the swimming pool and whirlpool! Lots of places to shop in the area and museums! Definately will rebook if ever traveling to the area in the future! Colleen A.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Colleen - Thanks for writing such a great review about us! I really appreciate you choosing the Hampton on your first visit to Appleton. I'm glad to hear you were impressed with everything while you were here and in town. We look forward to you staying with us again when you come back to Appleton! Thanks!

Been to Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area? Share your experiences!